Never again
By Amalia on
2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan
I have owned it from the start, 9 years now. I've kept up with maintenance and read the owner's manual. Despite this, I've been having problems over the past 3 years that in the past month have come to a head. The problems include a broken water pump, coolant leaks, radiator problems, temperature gauge braking, the window motor failing, a transmission problem that often makes it hard to pull out at green lights, an engine that doesn't like going over mountains, and the blinker wiring's loose. I've brought it to two places that have been trustworthy for family and they can't figure it out. Far too many problems for 65k - was it made on a mon/fri?! Will not buy Chevy EVER again.
Favorite Features
It's size, feels very safe...as long as it's actually running. I hear the engine for this year and this model was made of another synthetic material, which eventually leads to many problems, but when I call to discuss this they give me the runaround. I'd sue if I didn't think it was bad karma.
Suggested Improvements
Don't skimp - give your workers incentive to work hard, instead of all the money from good sales going to the company heads! I get now why people buy foreign. Patriotism and supporting domestic product is one thing - breaking down frequently on my own at night as a young female is quite another.