2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
2000 Impala
By Kevin M on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great reliable car.

Great Car-But!
By CLMcC on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I do love my 2000 Impala (19000 miles) but I am concerned about the intermediate steering shaft. I had a knocking/banging noise when driving the car, it was constant. I just took it in to have it repaired today. I hope my dealership will fix it properly. I have noticed other complaints about this problem also (that is why the But!). Really can not complain about anything else but GM should notice this problem.

road noise
By bnelsor on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My one huge complaint is the amount of road noise - it is unacceptable. We have been really happy with the car otherwise, lots of space, lots of power, very nice car.

Gm has better lawyers than cars
By Jim Magin on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Transmission went at low milage. Arnold Cheverolet put in salesman's car used transmission and gave me a bill saying they fixed mine. Still NG Remote door locks never worked Compass / temp doesn't work Rattles and squeeks

love my impala
By mz on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am a realtor and drive alot of miles with customers. This is a nice automobile to drive in winter with icy, snow packed roads. It holds the road well, imparting a feeling of safety for passengers. It is comfortable; easy to get in and out of. I really like my Impala and am thinking of buying the 2003 model. My only complaint is the road noise.

IMPALA 2000
By jshort on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Plenty of room, Great reide and 32MPG>, What more do you want with no problems!!

2000 LS
By PMcG on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Overall very good. Upgraded tires (Continental CH-95's) made a significant difference. Have had occasional problems with hesitation while accelerating (improved some after servicing), the radio has become tempermental (reception), and had to have a cracked subframe replaced. A perfectly adequate performer for my needs.

Road Warrior
By Sales Guy on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I drive for a living to call on many accounts throughout Michigan. I drive in all weather conditions. I have been delighted with the IMPALA. I wanted a car with a comfortable ride, lots of trunk space, engine power and relability. I have only one problem and that is the steering was making a crunching sound. I have had that repaired. All is well. Sometimes the breaks "grab" and make a "jerking" motion. But most of the time there is no problem. I have ordered another one.

2000 Impala LS
By Walter on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Nothing but problems from day one.First probems with keyless entry, receiver replaced, two computers replaced ,the dealer called GM, they told them it was the circiut board behind the instrument panel, problem solved. Next creeking noise when turning sharply to left and right. Dealer replaced steering rack, not the probem.Called GM, They told the dealer it was flex in the engine cradle. Not enough room for the rest of the problems.

Do I Keep it?
By adad42 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

Less than 10 days to lease end, and I'm still thinking about buying my base Impala Sedan. No abs, but sporty 16 inch wheels in dark green make the car a looker. I can feel the ride loosening, and the tranny slipping, so I may be unloading at the right time. I did not know the engine cradle was a problem. Anyway, after 37k miles of NY metro driving, I have not replaced the tires, or brakes, just oil & the driver power window switch.