Used 2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Was disappointed.
By adina

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car a year ago and have had many problems. One problem was a water leak that the dealership could not pinpoint. My husband had to go down to the dealership and tell them what was wrong. They thought my windshield was leaking, turned out to be the air conditioning was not draining properly so the condensation backed up into the car. Also had numerous problems with valves leaking, blower switch not working for air/heat, wipers breaking during winter, and now the driver's side window switch sticks. The service engine soon light comes on periodically and no one knows why. Glad I bought an extended warranty.

Very roomy interior and trunk, Comfortable to drive and ride in, love the radio features and some of the other sensors that let you know tire air pressure and when to change the oil. Love the rear view mirror that dims automatically.

Poor radio reception, rear end sits up too high and makes it hard to see when backing up, make a cup holder that doesn't break and come apart every month, more reliable engine and transmission. Gas mileage could be better for city driving.

LTZ
By Leakenkans

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Wife gets in. Top goes up. Down the road she goes/\.

Leather Seating Sun Roof.

Softer Ride

Going to Tokyo
By joelicanoli

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Problems..First with the crunching noise coming from the steering wheel when turning corner. Next problem was the security system would act up every once in a while and would not let me start the car. Then, I started encountering problems with the turn signals....only works when they want to. Recently, I noticed it was hard to start, idled roughly, and was loosing coolant. I took it into Meineke and they said it might be the head gasket. Also, they showed me there was a hole in the air intake screen which I guess was making it hard to start and the rough idle problem. Now my car is sitting outside my apartment and I can't even get it started at all.

Handling and acceleration when it actually runs. CD player and sound systme. Very roomy.

Needs more reliable parts as far as what's under the hood.

Dependable Car
By Jaun

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

After 195,000 miles in 4 years this car still rides like new. The Impala is the most dependable car I have ever owned. Normal Maintenance and it keeps on going.

LS should have the 3.8L Supercharged as standard and the SS should have a V8.

Dicks Impala
By randr

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in Wenatchee,I understand it was the second one sold in the area ,so I paid almost full bore ! The car has only 2 problems that Cascade Chev couldn't or wouldn't solve'1st the radio get's very POOR reception outside of town ,every time I tried to get it fixed they said the problem couldn't be dupilcated, ( I guess so,nobody takes time to drive it far enough out of town ). And the front break rotors seem to warp every 6000 or so miles ,been turned 4 or 5 times and replaced once ,they blame our driving habits,but my 99 Dakota or previous cars haven't had that much of a problem.

Good looks