2000 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 7

2000 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
hate to love it
By lbfletch73 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I loved the Impala. Fell in love with the new model when it was released in October of 1999. I was so excited when I purchased my used 2000 model. I have not had anything but problems with it since. If the message center doesn't drive you crazy (which it will) the un- ending repairs will. I have talked with other dealership service areas and they have said they've 'seen Impala's with consistent problems'. I loved my car, right into bankruptcy. Buyer beware.

Good car - but do I want another?
By Daddyio on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Bought the 2000 in June 1999. We've put 77,000 miles on with just the minimum normal upkeep. 1 annoying thing - the front window would "ping" like a pebble hit it when the tempurature inside was cooler than out. Weird and annoying!! I just totalled it and my husband wants to replace with new one - same color, etc. They don't seem to have changed in 4 years, except for being $4,000 more. I want to change, but maybe just for change sake. Any comments??

2000 Impala
By Cstaples on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It is fun to drive and I feel very safe behind the wheel. It handles well in all types of weather. The gas mileage is decent in the city. The trunk room is incredible.

Engine Cradle/Transmission Problems
By Mike Austin on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

This car ran well at first. However,creaking and rattling noises started in the front of the car, noted in steering wheel. Dealer installed cradle shims (replaced twice). Transmission went at 100,000 miles (torque converter and 4th gear). Was told by servicing company the transmisison was new for 2000, and has reliability problems. Other 2000 Impalas were taken to the same service shop due to transmission. Also, rotors warp and need to be replaced often. I also had a problem with charcoal canister and emission system. I also had a problem with headliner sagging near sunroof. It is a shame that GM produced a car with this many mechanical problems.

Excellent Value
By friendofrick's on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Just over 3 yrs, 24k+ miles. Agree with all the positives from the other reviewers; share only a few of the negatives: slight vibration in steering column, dealer repaired under warranty, needing only lubricant. Notice slight shake in wheel when braking lightly at higher speed (rotor issue noted by others?); hesitation once in a blue moon when lightly accelerating. Tranny went on a friend's Impala at 32k, but replaced under warranty. Mine is flawless so far. This is a good, comfortable, attractive, fun car, and perhaps the best overall value for $. Domestic nay- sayers should give it a good honest look.

used car
By dsmith9118 on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

fun to drive ,sharp looking . good gas mileage around town

Reliable Car
By Carmine on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

The Chevy Impala has been a great car. It handles extremely well in the snow,and it holds the raod very well. It will seat up to 6 people. It has a large trunk adn is a great all around car.

going back 2 foreign
By mr. marbles on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

I've been driving my 2000 Impala for 3 years now and I'm less than satisfied. I've had continuous problems with the Coolant-leaks and sensor related. In cold weather it often barely starts & sounds like it's 10 yrs old instead of 3. Interior is cheap looking. It seems there is always a warning light coming on. Paid 7K less for my wife's Civic which ran for 8 years without any problems. GM has lost me. I'm going back to Honda with my next car.

Impala Woes
By derek8155 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

This is a nice car but suffers from quality problems. I had to replace all 4 rotors 5 times in 100,000 miles due to warping. I also had numerous problems with the steering and shaking. The two things you don't want problems with are steering and braking. GM had no real solution to these problems so I am getting rid of it and buying a Camry.It's unfortunate as this was my first American car I have ever purchased in 30 years and probably my last!!!

Love My Chevy!
By jingle on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Our chevy was a lease which we are buying out. That's how good we like it. The ride is smooth and little exterior noise. It's really a full- size car and can seat a 6 ft 260 lb man comfortably. We purchased the upgraded sound system and it's like having surround in the car. Gas mileage is above average for a full-size car, and our sun roof is heaven in summer time. Only problems were a few loose screws in the beginning - and the dealership was great at service. There's been no knocking like in your other reviews of this car.