2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Good car at a good price.
By AHapka on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

3.8 liter V-6 engine works well, gives plenty of power for a large car. Very spacious and comfortable.

Best car I've ever owned
By Dale Knepper on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, and have driven it now 53000 miles. the original Goodyear Eagle tires were noisy, but the replacements (at 40000 miles) are great. Performance is great, interior space is great, and it never has a problem. A few minor glitches were fixed under warranty, and since then it has been trouble free. My other car has over 200,000 miles on it - but I think this one will pass that one easily!

Excelent Acceleration
By Arnela on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Excellent performance In spite of anual alignments and low miles I am on my 3rd set of tires. Heated leather seats good Plastic trim bad gages subject to glare at sunrise/suunset

2000 Impala LS problems
By Norbert Berninger on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This 2000 Impala LS has been trouble since I brought it. Almost every month in the garage. Front suspension completely replaced, Brakes,rotors, pads at 15,000. I purchased car with 15,000 miles. It is advisable to buy extended warranty.

Great Old-School (if FWD) American Sedan
By jkp1187 on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this used with 25k on it, put 11k on in 3 months. Great engine, good power/torque. Wish the handling were stiffer, but it is more than adequate for the average family sedan purchaser. The car has incredible acceleration at highway speeds. Smoked a Honda Prelude on a deserted stretch of interstate a month or so ago -- he gave up when I hit 115.Get the leather seats--they are more comfortable and make the car look SOOO much nicer. It's not a luxury sport sedan, but it's easily the equal of the Accord, Camry, Taurus.

Nascar Mama
By krystalnator on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been by far my favorite car ever. Its awesome to drive. Everyone had to have one after i bought mine.

huge, fast car
By jasonholiday on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car was the overhaul best sedan I've been in. Leg room up front is huge, I'm a big guy and can still stretch out. Car is fast, and still gets 23mpg on average for me (chevy says they get 29hwy, but mine gets less). Tires are expensive to replace and my steering makes a crunching sound- also have had small antifreeze leak that they couldn't fix and problems with the car starting. Only have 37k on it, too.

Great Car
By EMCCARTY on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great mileage - 31 to 31 mpg on highway @ 70 mph. Excellent Styling. Very comfortable. No repairs except rotors and that was at GM expense. Weak front rotors, replace once by GM and now are warped again.

Awesome Impala LS
By Kubes on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala used with 35k. It's been awesome since I owned it, no problems whatsoever. It currently has 51k and feels brand new. Great power, handling, comfort. Much higher quality and comfort than previous foreign vehicles. I can't recommend this vehicle enough!

Very good for the money
By Cheap Lux Freek on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

the back end is very high makes it hard to back up and park (Sporty look) so thats a good thing and a bad thing. The steering is too heavy, keeps my wife off the driver seat ;)thats also good and bad! glove box made for a pack of gum. Come-On Chevy its a full size car.!!