2000 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great Car
By guff on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Good safety record.

Buyer Beware
By silverlemon on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Loved the style and comfort. Had Tranny problems and seals blew at 26,000 miles; constant problems with electrical (windows, blower motor, wiper arms) Manifold gasket leaks- finally traded in at 45,000 for a Ford Explorer-No more GM for me!

I like it
By Gtc on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

I was driving a vic for work and i liked that car, but then i got the cevy and i love it. And talk about fast! The only problem with the car was the headlights, but thats due to it being a police car and having all the goodies in it. I'm so happy i get to take it home with me every night. And best thing about it is no one knows its a police car. Forget ford, i'm stickin with the cevy.

Reliable solid automoble
By sgtniz on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Great transportation love it .

dont waste your time!
By cmont496 on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

i brought the car with 17,900 miles,,,,at 19000 miles the engine coolant came on, and loud metallic noise started while making turns, the dealer replaced the engine coolant sensor, and found no cause for the noise. at 20420 the engine coolant light came on, thank god i check when these lights come on, the coolant leaked in with the engine oil. it is now 15 days and counting, and the car is still at the dealer with the heads out, and still no clue as to why this happened, i truely will not waste my time with another domestic car, no wonder there are so many people buying toyotas!

Great Car!
By Bigmnky on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I love this car it's my newest car I've ever owned and it's great smooth ride great sound inside good looks and it's god all kinds of power.

Love My Chevy
By earthmofo on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala June of 1999. Iíve had the car for almost 5 years only very minor problems. About 4 months into having the car my O2 sensor went out. I brought it into the dealership and they fixed it same day no problem. I didnít have another problem until 3 years later when my front driver side window stopped working. Just needed a new switch. Other than standard maintenance (new rotors and struts on the front after 50,000 miles) Iíve had no problems in 87,000 miles. The mileage includes 3 trips from CA to OK and lots of trips from So Cal to Vegas. One time I made it from L.A. to Vegas in 3 hours doing 100mph on a single tank of gas!

I luv my caw
By impala_luver on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Even though I'm 25 and I'm driving a chick magnet on wheels, I still can't seem to get a date. I thought the heated seats would "warm things" up a bit, but to no avail- but seriously i love the sunroof, heated seats, steering wheel layout controls-radio, the radio adjustment to windspeed, smooth handling, and fun to drive. All my friends want to take it from me on trips. I am an impala junkie.

get extended warranty
By rrick on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I would suggest getting the additional warranty. Even though I am satisfied with my Impala,I,along with other consumers, had problems with the transmission and sterring columns. Unfortunately after the warranty(3yr- 36m)had expired. I did put an extreme amount of miles on the 1st two years, so that may been the problem

Red LS
By Ptopia on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

We are very happy with our Impala LS and have had minimal problems with it. Slight rattle after three months, but the dealer fixed and it hasn't been back since. Leather around side air back kept popping off, but fixed by the dealer and problem hasn't returned. After 26 months the altenator shorted out, but was replaced under warranty. The steering wheel was lubed at 27 months for noise. Otherwise no other problems. The car is torch red and receives many compliments from other motorists. Gas mileage is excellent, 17 mpg around town(heavy traffic) and 30 mpg on the highway. The ride is good and the interior and trunk are very roomy.