2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Impala
By Meredith Evans on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Only complaint is poor heating system for side passenger and rear seat passengers. Poor circulation system. sHOULD HAVE REAR SEAT VENTS

Toyota Sucks
By Kevin USA Rules on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

The Impala has lots of room. Its also easy to drive a little sensitive maybe but that comes in handy in emergencys. I recently had some idiot him me while I was driving my Impala and it was a very hard hit. The fender was compleatly damaged but nothing not even a speck of dirt hit and internial parts. Thats a well built American car. If I was driving a crappy Toyota I caould have been killed.

Real American Sedan
By Alice on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Impala. I do a 130 mile/day commute and find it to be very comfortable, good on gas, and because it's a full size sedan, I feel as if I have something to protect me against all the big SUVs on the road. Five adults can fit in the car very comfortably. Smooth, quiet ride. Minimum maintenance. Never let me down. Good in the winter.

A Wonderful Family Car!
By Bribabe on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I'm not sure why Edmunds rated this car as they did. Ours now has 120000 miles and has only had tires, oil changes and a battery. It is highly reliable, safe and comfortable. It could be quieter but that costs a lot more in other makes for no better a car.

Great Car-No Problems in 30,000 Miles
By Navig97 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala in May 2000 and have 30,000 miles with no problems. It is a pleasure to drive and I would not hesitate on buying another Impala.

Was disappointed.
By adina on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car a year ago and have had many problems. One problem was a water leak that the dealership could not pinpoint. My husband had to go down to the dealership and tell them what was wrong. They thought my windshield was leaking, turned out to be the air conditioning was not draining properly so the condensation backed up into the car. Also had numerous problems with valves leaking, blower switch not working for air/heat, wipers breaking during winter, and now the driver's side window switch sticks. The service engine soon light comes on periodically and no one knows why. Glad I bought an extended warranty.

LTZ
By Leakenkans on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Wife gets in. Top goes up. Down the road she goes/\.

Going to Tokyo
By joelicanoli on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Problems..First with the crunching noise coming from the steering wheel when turning corner. Next problem was the security system would act up every once in a while and would not let me start the car. Then, I started encountering problems with the turn signals....only works when they want to. Recently, I noticed it was hard to start, idled roughly, and was loosing coolant. I took it into Meineke and they said it might be the head gasket. Also, they showed me there was a hole in the air intake screen which I guess was making it hard to start and the rough idle problem. Now my car is sitting outside my apartment and I can't even get it started at all.

Dependable Car
By Jaun on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

After 195,000 miles in 4 years this car still rides like new. The Impala is the most dependable car I have ever owned. Normal Maintenance and it keeps on going.

Dicks Impala
By randr on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in Wenatchee,I understand it was the second one sold in the area ,so I paid almost full bore ! The car has only 2 problems that Cascade Chev couldn't or wouldn't solve'1st the radio get's very POOR reception outside of town ,every time I tried to get it fixed they said the problem couldn't be dupilcated, ( I guess so,nobody takes time to drive it far enough out of town ). And the front break rotors seem to warp every 6000 or so miles ,been turned 4 or 5 times and replaced once ,they blame our driving habits,but my 99 Dakota or previous cars haven't had that much of a problem.