2000 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Good Purchase
By jkp on 08/05/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Happy with the purchase. No major issues at 81,000 miles other than four- year-old OE battery dying at 60,000 miles (it was old,) and getting the steering shaft lubricated. Very enjoyable car, sporty enough for the money. Glad I bought it.

Needs improvement
By cheri on 07/26/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I replaced rotors at 60,000 miles, along with the steering couplerer, and new tires. This car is a nice size, and has great speed, but Chevy needs to try to improve their cars more if they want people to continue buying them compared to others.

Awesome Buy!
By thermal izod on 06/22/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Economical and fun to drive, my Impala has ample power, and lots of room and comfort. It has a smooth quiet ride, and is easy to find aftermarket parts for, such as my cold air intake and Flowmaster cat-back exhaust system. I couldn't be happier.

Great Car
By Chuck on 06/10/05 01:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Purchased from the original owner one year ago. Car has been great. Nice to drive, gets good gas mileage on a trip. It's nice and roomy. Have had no problems. Would consider purchasing another one in the future. Only thing I replaced so far is tires!!

Love my Impala
By Harlan Epps on 05/24/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

My wife and I have been very pleased with the performance of this car. We love the style and color. We are pleased with the safety features and anti-theft. We have not had any major problems with the mechanics or physical condition. Very comfortable on trips and we find it to be very economical. Do not plan to get rid of it any time soon.

Piece of Junk
By Tim Kennedy on 04/27/05 19:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

I am really getting tired of problems every time I turn around. Now the power steering pump is whining at only 65,000 miles. Also the drivers window is getting stuck periodically. Just about 2 weeks ago had to put it in the shop again. Would not start at times and the security light would come on. Ended up being the BCM (body control module). An electronic part that controls everything inside of the car electrical. Maybe these things are normal to start happening now. I don't know. I am sure getting tired of something going wrong every time I turn around. Just had the ignition switch replaced at 55,000 miles. Rotors replaced twice.

One of the few good chevys
By mike in norther ohio on 03/04/05 01:27 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Bought it new. Yes the steering shaft went twice-but I wrote to GM and they paid for out of warranty ($223)repair. Original tires noisy, replaced with Regatta's. The 3800 engine is a dream, quick and 28 mpg at 75 mph. The ABS/traction control feature is absolutely great for snow. The car is still tight and handles extreamly well after five years. I just saw the 2006 Impala at a car show and can't wait to buy it. (and keep this one too). Unlike the smaller sedans this one is built tight and well and is without the excessive road noise you get in the earlier models. Lastly the brakes were imporoved over previous Lumina's although you warp rotors prior to pad replacement, but you do stop.

2000 Impala LS
By steve peacock on 01/16/05 13:37 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car, the only problems I have had are the air bag light would come on and off, still dont know why. I have had to replace the battery, and three fuel injectors {which I thought was odd} Good thing I had bought an extended warranty, other than that I have been happy with it.

Just love my Impala
By JMW13 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

i bought my impala new in 2000, it has given me very few problems. I had a click in the steering sector that apparently is common on these cars. That was fixed $80 bill from service station. I also had to have intake gaskets replaced at 140,000. Thats about it for problems. My car burns no oil. I go about 6000 miles between oil changes & have never had to add any oil in between changes. The suspension on this thing is something else.I am still riding on the original uniroyals at 163,000. There is still some tread to wear off of them yet but am thinking for the upcoming MN winter i will

If I Had it to do over, would I?
By Tim Kennedy on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new. Have had my share of warped rotors. Also problem with steering shaft. Also the security light came on one day. The next day the car would not start. After about 15 minutes it finally started. Ended up being the ignition switch. Had it replaced for a hefty $500.00. Then after that the bypass tube cracked and all of the anti freeze leaked out. That was close to $300.00. I am seriously thinking about buying a Hyundai. The quality has really improved in the last several years. Come on America, build a quality car for a change. Oh not to mention that all of the top surfaces had to be repainted at least 5 times.