2000 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great Car
By MAC on 12/08/07 12:00 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Now has 75000 miles. 20 mpg city 31 mpg highway. Only problem was front rotors. Warped twice and repaired at no cost by Chevrolet. Very comfortable car. Rides great.

The best car in its class
By jegan on 03/05/07 13:46 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

For anyone who needs a dependable car, that is comfortable to be in, with nice creature comforts this is it. I have over 100K on mine and it runs and drives like a brand new one. It is fast and powerful, yet I still average 28 mpg on road trips. It still looks great with classic Chevy styling. No major work needed. My 17 year old daughter loves to drive it, and my 68 year old mother loves it too. It has mass appeal. So glad I did not buy a Camry! It has held up so well.

Bulletproof Car with 3.8L
By RickMiller on 10/24/06 23:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

i purchased this car with about 25k on it in march of 01'. I drive about 30k miles a year and really test cars. Normally i got a new car every year. With a well maintained 196,540 on my odometer i am pleased to say other than a new battery, oil, tires, and an air filter, the car has been problem free. My mechanic says the car looks perfect mechanically and should go another 200k. I average 28.5 mpg on the highway but have gotten over 31.

My Impala
By amber0ne on 07/07/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

When I bought the car it had a lot of highway miles on it and needed a little work, but it's a great car and I'm not worried about getting stranded somewhere.

Grandma Car or Sports car
By Andrew on 05/05/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Impala a few months ago I got a lot of heat about buying a grandma car but when my friends drove it with the 200hp v6 0-60 in under 9 sec. they decided its a nice grandma car. I drive 180 miles per day, and get over 27 mpg cruising at 75mph. When I get out I am not stiff at all. Probably the most comfortable car I've driven. I am 6'4" and have plenty of leg room. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable, roomy car that performs well.

Honestly enjoy it!
By Heather on 04/29/06 21:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan

Bought our Impala (base model) after I was hit and my 1992 Pontiac Bonneville was totaled. Ride is wonderful. Plenty of room for our family of 5 and can seat 6. I have had toruble with my turning signals ot working properly. We've had the multi-function switch replaced twice and it's now acting up again. Oddly enough, I can some times get the signal to work if I put hazard lights on while the switch is in place for turning. Playing around with it usually can get the signal going again. I wish we had bought the LS model. Our daughter is soon to be driving and she has picked out a 2000 Impala in the LS model. The ride is that good that she passed up the little Mitsubishi Eclipse! Impressive.

Good, reliable sedan
By jonny p on 04/23/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Good sedan, bought it used in 2003 put on maybe 70,000 miles since. No mechanical problems, good interior ergonomics, very happy with the purchase.

Good Reliable Car
By rns on 02/23/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since late 1999 and the car has lived up to my needs. It has been reliable and without any mechanical difficulties, with only routine maintenance and normally replaced items like the tires and battery. The mileage is down from new when I got 20/29, now I get 17/28, not bad for a car with 80k miles.

Mr Beach
By Douglas Beach on 09/29/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Comfort and interior appointments are great. Mileage was excellent and approached advertised rate for the first 40 to 50,000 miles but have dropped to around 15 around town and 26 on the road. Very satisfied with overall performance. No trouble and only been back to the dealer for minor callback's.

Impala Mechanical Quality
By Mark on 08/09/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Even though it was maintained to factory specs by the Chevy dealer and not driven hard, it has required a new transmission at 75,000 miles, new radiator fans at 70,000 miles, numerous power window motors and numerous batteries. The interior build quality is poor, especially the plastic trim pieces.