Used 2000 Chevrolet Impala Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Never again
By Amalia

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned it from the start, 9 years now. I've kept up with maintenance and read the owner's manual. Despite this, I've been having problems over the past 3 years that in the past month have come to a head. The problems include a broken water pump, coolant leaks, radiator problems, temperature gauge braking, the window motor failing, a transmission problem that often makes it hard to pull out at green lights, an engine that doesn't like going over mountains, and the blinker wiring's loose. I've brought it to two places that have been trustworthy for family and they can't figure it out. Far too many problems for 65k - was it made on a mon/fri?! Will not buy Chevy EVER again.

It's size, feels very safe...as long as it's actually running. I hear the engine for this year and this model was made of another synthetic material, which eventually leads to many problems, but when I call to discuss this they give me the runaround. I'd sue if I didn't think it was bad karma.

Don't skimp - give your workers incentive to work hard, instead of all the money from good sales going to the company heads! I get now why people buy foreign. Patriotism and supporting domestic product is one thing - breaking down frequently on my own at night as a young female is quite another.

My first chevy
By leslieann56

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

My family always drove Fords, I had owned 2 myself before I got my Impala. I love driving it. Handles well, very reliable, great gas mileage(over 29 mpg on highway at 70-75 mph). Large trunk for trips. Best car I have ever owned, and intend to stick with them. Only problem I had, was the radio died, and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, the new radio does not have the auto volumn adjust feature, I really liked it.

Smooth ride, great gas milage, large trunk.

Make the trunks larger on the new Impalas. The newer cars also look cheaper than my 2000.

Transmission problems
By Morteen

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

From day one we have had transmission problems. Dealer said need new transmission but when we appealed to GM headquarter miraculously we found that it was electrical or computer generated problem. We were told this by someone other than the GM dealer. At a stop light when we give it gas the veh feels like we ran over a railroad track. Still having problems. 6/23/2009

Style. Good gas mileage. Comfortable.

Improve transmission so that it does not cause so much trouble.

Mom told me so
By Specter

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

i bought this car against my mother's better judgment. Since I've had the car I have replaced the thermostat, water pump, hoses. and now the radiator. I think the person that had the vehicle before me did not take care of it at all. I love how the car rides and feels when driving down the road. But it is costing me to fix every little thing that breaks one after another.

Like the looks!

ABS should be standard, could have used it a few times when raining!

Great Car
By MAC

2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan

Now has 75000 miles. 20 mpg city 31 mpg highway. Only problem was front rotors. Warped twice and repaired at no cost by Chevrolet. Very comfortable car. Rides great.

Better rotors. Play MP3 CDs. Play music from flash drive.