2000 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
UNSTOPABLE!!!!
By joey47 on 07/29/12 20:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

bought my 2000 impala ls 3.8 with 75,000, car now has 243,000 i did not expect to still be driving it daily today with virtually no problems. rear strut plates at 210,000 one front wheel baring 175,000, most cars are in the junkyard by now!! HAHA!!!unlike some people i drive the car with the respect of knowing the more its beat on the more its worked on!!! so for oil changes cheep ass oil changed every 3k or so. never touched the trans fluid, last tires got 101,000 out of BUT rotated every 3k or so, goodyear viva 2. i have towed a 3500 lb boat (not very far) class 2 hitch, but very steep hill for short time. and not leaving 1st or 2nd gear, and not hitting the gas like an idiot!!!!

Only 17
By 3800beast on 06/06/11 10:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala from my fathers friend last summer after I received my permit. He was selling this car for $1,500 and i talked him down to $300 in the end. The car had a blown intake manifold (Of course) but that's why it was so cheap. I fixed the problem for only a $75. The car runs great and just added K&N CAI on it and these engines LOVE air. The car has 2 new front quarter panels, needs new resonator and manifold (Has exhaust leak), and resonantly the power steering pump is squealing. I'm only 17 but once i get the money to fix it all she will be great. The car is in 100% great condition and looks new. Illegally I took it down my street, it burns tires real good. Has originally 195k.

Long Lasting
By Suzette on 07/02/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

We've owned our 2000 Impala since it was 8 miles old. Now at 291,000 miles, she's been the most reliable vehicle we've every owned. The transmission was rebuilt at 193,000 miles when 1st gear went out from 6 years of stop & go traffic. She's endured 5 car accidents and has kept me safe. We've proudly replaced the radiator, water pump, cv joints and power steering pump. All expected maintenance on a car with high mileage and with the ORIGINAL engine. We'll drive her till the wheels fall off. The Impala is a great car if you care enough to maintain it.

10 years, 150k miles still going strong
By jkp on 05/09/10 06:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this used from a dealer in 2003. My dad is still driving it with over 150k miles. Had to replace intermediate steering shaft, and a couple of wheel bearings, otherwise just regular maintenance. I was worried about buying a 1st-model-year car, but this Chevy hasn't let us down.

To the moon
By john on 01/21/09 22:17 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I've driven this car to the moon and back. The car has 255,000 miles now. Transmission was replaced at 180000. Never had any major repairs since. The car is just great. Still drives straight, and still has plenty of power. The car has had mobil 1 oil regularly since its first oil change, and that's the difference right there.

Solid car
By pgh1 on 05/28/08 12:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Got the Impala when it was 3 years old with 24k miles off a lease. It has been a solid performer ever since. No major repair work necessary, just regular maintenance. Decent fuel economy for its size/weight. No regrets on this one.

The best car in its class
By jegan on 03/05/07 13:46 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

For anyone who needs a dependable car, that is comfortable to be in, with nice creature comforts this is it. I have over 100K on mine and it runs and drives like a brand new one. It is fast and powerful, yet I still average 28 mpg on road trips. It still looks great with classic Chevy styling. No major work needed. My 17 year old daughter loves to drive it, and my 68 year old mother loves it too. It has mass appeal. So glad I did not buy a Camry! It has held up so well.

Bulletproof Car with 3.8L
By RickMiller on 10/24/06 23:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

i purchased this car with about 25k on it in march of 01'. I drive about 30k miles a year and really test cars. Normally i got a new car every year. With a well maintained 196,540 on my odometer i am pleased to say other than a new battery, oil, tires, and an air filter, the car has been problem free. My mechanic says the car looks perfect mechanically and should go another 200k. I average 28.5 mpg on the highway but have gotten over 31.

Grandma Car or Sports car
By Andrew on 05/05/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Impala a few months ago I got a lot of heat about buying a grandma car but when my friends drove it with the 200hp v6 0-60 in under 9 sec. they decided its a nice grandma car. I drive 180 miles per day, and get over 27 mpg cruising at 75mph. When I get out I am not stiff at all. Probably the most comfortable car I've driven. I am 6'4" and have plenty of leg room. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable, roomy car that performs well.

Good, reliable sedan
By jonny p on 04/23/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Good sedan, bought it used in 2003 put on maybe 70,000 miles since. No mechanical problems, good interior ergonomics, very happy with the purchase.