Used 2000 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2002, 2004 Impala LS's, husband, wife cars
By Dale Riggenbach

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Dreadful Edmonds? How untrue, I traded my wife's 2004 for a 2010 Ford Taurus SEL, what a Mistake!!!!!-lasted 10 months traded it. No driver legroom, blind spots, Too Big console, bad ergonomics!!! As for the Impala's, 2004 only normal maintenance: Oil changes, tranny fluid at 55K, tires, traded it at 65K miles. 2002 Impala, oil changes, tranny fluid x 2, lubed intermediate shaft-steering, computer for car, tune ups, tires sold at 138k for neighbors daughter. I found with regular maintenance, normal driving these cars last a long time. Solid car with an excellent engine, 3800, good ride, quiet depending on tires, solid performer, and very good on gas. Gas mileage, 18-20 city, 28-30 highway. Traded the lousy Ford for a 2011Buick Lucerne CXL, replaced 2002 with a 2014 Chevy Impala. I normally don't comment on forums, but looking for my daughter a car found a 2000 Impala LS, checked Edmunds for their review, and had to say something. In conclusion, I certainly don't agree with Edmonds on this one!!!

UNSTOPABLE!!!!
By joey47

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

bought my 2000 impala ls 3.8 with 75,000, car now has 243,000 i did not expect to still be driving it daily today with virtually no problems. rear strut plates at 210,000 one front wheel baring 175,000, most cars are in the junkyard by now!! HAHA!!!unlike some people i drive the car with the respect of knowing the more its beat on the more its worked on!!! so for oil changes cheep ass oil changed every 3k or so. never touched the trans fluid, last tires got 101,000 out of BUT rotated every 3k or so, goodyear viva 2. i have towed a 3500 lb boat (not very far) class 2 hitch, but very steep hill for short time. and not leaving 1st or 2nd gear, and not hitting the gas like an idiot!!!!

most people have been through 3-4 cars in the miles i have put on my impala. and most of them probable dont understand the more you beat on the car the more you work on it.

maby a 300,000 mile club!!

Only 17
By 3800beast

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala from my fathers friend last summer after I received my permit. He was selling this car for $1,500 and i talked him down to $300 in the end. The car had a blown intake manifold (Of course) but that's why it was so cheap. I fixed the problem for only a $75. The car runs great and just added K&N CAI on it and these engines LOVE air. The car has 2 new front quarter panels, needs new resonator and manifold (Has exhaust leak), and resonantly the power steering pump is squealing. I'm only 17 but once i get the money to fix it all she will be great. The car is in 100% great condition and looks new. Illegally I took it down my street, it burns tires real good. Has originally 195k.

The heated leather, Optional taillight cover, dual zone air, 3800 Series II motor, gauges, rear seat drop down arm rest, Styling, Trunk size, Rims.

Upper intake manifold, exhaust, transmission, A/C, needs switch to turn off interior lights.

Long Lasting
By Suzette

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

We've owned our 2000 Impala since it was 8 miles old. Now at 291,000 miles, she's been the most reliable vehicle we've every owned. The transmission was rebuilt at 193,000 miles when 1st gear went out from 6 years of stop & go traffic. She's endured 5 car accidents and has kept me safe. We've proudly replaced the radiator, water pump, cv joints and power steering pump. All expected maintenance on a car with high mileage and with the ORIGINAL engine. We'll drive her till the wheels fall off. The Impala is a great car if you care enough to maintain it.

The pick up and go performance of the 3.8l engine has put many other cars to shame over the years. Solid car, plenty of space, comfortable seats. Love the heated seats, sun roof, homelink technology, autodimming mirrors, RDS stereo, huge trunk.

Wish Onstar was available in 2000.

10 years, 150k miles still going strong
By jkp

2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this used from a dealer in 2003. My dad is still driving it with over 150k miles. Had to replace intermediate steering shaft, and a couple of wheel bearings, otherwise just regular maintenance. I was worried about buying a 1st-model-year car, but this Chevy hasn't let us down.

• SUV