1996 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (56 reviews )
performance vehicle ...late 90
By Bill...chevySS on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

This Sporty looking family car has the muscle and style..Its been a pleasure owning, I have drove 60k miles..Never a problem...The only part that i have changed is a water pump in all these miles..Except for period maintanence..Ex.oil,plugs,filters.This is one good Chevy!!!!

sweet car
By shane G on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

the best car eer built

Impala SS
By Tzadok Gable on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Best American Four door out there and a great muscle car

'96 SS with a ProCharger Supercharger
By Jim Hellmuth on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

An Art Carr trans, Hotchkis Sway bars, gas shocks, Police Spring Set and a Supercharger with a new MSD spark System and all the necessities such as a Hypertech chip systems and an additional gas pump did it for me. Tuned down to 5 lbs of boost and i am still making 350hp at the tires. It is spooky fast and fun to drive now. Cool thing is that it can handle the power. Incredibly fun car.

Giddy Up!!
By DanSSman on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Back in the day when I was down and out I bought the SS to cheer me up and I haven't stopped smiling since. With the performance, comfort and overall ride of this vehicle who wouldn't feel like the king of road. I wish I had enough money at the time to buy a 2nd one and keep it in storage. For now driving the car year-round is not a bad alternative

a classic in the making
By chal on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

the last of the american rear wheel, full sized cars with performance. i have kept the car dealer maintained and only have 47,000 miles on the car. the only problems with the car were manufacturing glitches which the dealer fixed under warranty. typical chevrolet quality. driven daily with no problems and a pleasure to drive with interior room to spare.

MY first cr
By Scarface Junior on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

i got the car fo $17,000 cash. Now i have added about $13,000 on my wheels, system ad power to the engine. i could not ask for a better car thanthe impala ss

Best Car Ever ?
By "mikey" on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Ohhh man!! This car is the best in the world. There has never ben any problems with it. I got it from my cousin as a birthday gift. The car is fast, it is nice and roomy, it turns heads, and best of all we took it down to a drag strip and our 4 door family sedan beat a 5.0. This was the best feeling.

Impala 1996
By greenboy on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

What a car! I own two 1996s, one black and one black cherry!

1996 ImpalaSS
By James Beck on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

A great car with intiminating looks and surprising jump off the line. Lt1 350 underhood 260hp from the factory with much room to grow with simple preformance upgrades. A head turner at ever light. I'm in love with my SS and you will be too.