1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (56 reviews )
Impala SS
By rcap on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

The seats are uncomfortable and lack support. If you can find Bonneville leather seats buy them and replace. Other than that it is quite a car. Not as quick as my Corvette Z06 -- BUT turns alot more heads and gets more notice!

My Dream Come True...96 SS
By 96 SS Q-SHIP on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I wanted one of these cars from the first time I saw one on the road. After doing some homework, I realized quickly that the 1996 model was the one to own. In 1998, after selling my Camaro, I was surprised to find one in a local trading paper that was about 60 miles away. I was fortunate enough to have a seller that offered to drive to my home and let me see the car. They told me that they were the original owners and had all paperwork...including the original window sticker. Low and behold...right at the scheduled time they said they'd show up...A menacing low, black car crept past my front window.

96 Impala SS
By SEW on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

The only problem is road noise. Great car!

Not the everyday muscle
By LSU Thor on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

Being 24 years old, buying this car was the best purchase decision of my life. It was the one car that had everything I was looking for. It had a torque- monster V8, rwd and it wasn't a truck or a Camaro/Mustang that you see everyone driving nowadays. It's distinctive and will always turn heads and receive thumbs up on the road or at the track.

Where do you get your retail prices?
By Sal Federico on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

The 94-96 Impala SS is the last of the rear wheel drive supercar sedans. The current retail value posted is not realistic, the average retail value on one of these cars is several thousand higher in the case of an average condition '94 and as much as double for a pristine '96 with low miles. How did you arrive at such a low retail value?

The Last of RWD Big Cars
By BigDogg Dad on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I was lucky to find this car. Low miles 75,000. No rust, all orginal. There is no other ride like a big solid RWD car. I know my wife and kid are safe. Better gas mileage that her minivan on the road. More comfort, hauls our boat like a dream.

Bad to the Bone
By fisclf on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Impala SS new and it has been my daily driver. Now has 83K miles and I have never had any significant problem with it. The 5.7 liter engine makes lots of torque. It has huge 255/50R17 tires, but you can gently goose it and shred those 200 dollar g-force tires anytime you are in the mood. Or, touch the accelerator gently and let the low rumble from your exhaust shake up the Toyota in the next lane. Handles and stops well for a 4200 pound car. An excellent highway cruiser, stable yet responsive. Very practical, with lots of interior room, a large trunk and normal insurance rates. I consistently get 20 MPG with regular gas.

best big sport sedan
By skialot on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

best big sport sedan ever made. power borrowed from corvette (Stock LT1 350)police suspension.Heavy car, but you still can throw it into turns. fast 14.85 1/4 mile(stock except exhaust)smooth as silk ride. excellent gas mileage(17 city-33hwy- epa estimate on window sticker)I average 24.

All American
By mjm55 on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

PERFECT 10!!! Finest car I've ever owned. The new "impala", an insult to this car's fine name!!!

Nice car
By Anthony E on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

It's a nice car runs fast smooth and rides soft