Used 1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

A Legend That Isn't Fully Justified
By OneOwner

1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

My car was the show car at the Philadelphia Int'l Auto Show in 1995. I tried to get a discount, but the dealer insisted on the MSRP, which I paid. At the time, I thought it was the best looking 4-door car for sale. In many ways, it still is. And it does turn heads, even today. Since is from the General's stable, getting parts is easy, and generally cheap. At first, the Comp T/A tires were hard to find, but now you can get MUCH better Kumho tires for less than $80 each. One thing that is unfortunate is that, my car being the "rarest, a 1995 DGGM", you cannot get the paint from the dealer or AutoColor anymore to fill chips. Rear seat room is poor, as are the quality of the interior.

Favorite Features

This car "fits" me well. It looks good, it sounds good, it drives down the highway well. You can get replacement parts pretty much anywhere, even the Internet, for reasonable prices. The front seats are comfortable and fairly adjustable, and I love the tilt wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Overall, build quality is poor. The multiple gray plastics inside the car turn different colors. The bumper and rear spoiler paint fade. Meticulous maintenance didn't prevent my LT1 from seizing at 155,000 miles. GM probably won't ever build another car like the SS, which won't be a big loss.

My 95 Impala SS
By Chas

1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I purchased in 95. Had I known the 96 was going to be built with the floor shift and analog dash, I would have waited. Minor set back. I choose where I go with Chevy. It's black in color and has all the options available for that year. I have removed the impala ss from both rear quarters as it was a dirt collector. It's still a head turner, even the cops are quite inquisitive as to what type of auto as they are always pacing me. It's a keeper. I am the only driver and the ss is in pristine condition and plan to keep like that. Fun to drive. Lt1 is quite responsive and horse power can be increased a few mods that are reversible to oem specs. Great toy!

Love in a '95 Impala SS
By 4drvette95

1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

Our 95 Impala SS has been the best car through the years. It was a daily driver for many many years and since our kids have grown and gone it has become our project. We are lovingly restoring it to its previous glory. Ours being black is always and eye catcher and since the paint job even more so. We got tired of fighting the rear quater name decals so when it was painted we had it airbrushed on and clear coated. We just love it!

Favorite Features

The LT1 is plenty power but when a Flow Master exhaust was added it sounds good and runs better. We have searched for wheels to put on but have not found any wheels that look as good on the car as the factory wheels. Great design Chevy!!

Suggested Improvements

We put on the GM Performance cross drilled and slotted brake rotors, the high performance OEM pads and stainless steel brake hoses. Black Beauty will stop on a dime and give you 9 cents change!!!!

Take care
By low rider

1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I had been the proud owner of my 1995 Impala for 9 yrs. I loved every mile: the car was stealthy, and total luxury. Unfortunately, 1 1/2 yrs ago, while waiting on a red light, I was rear ended so hard that the frame bent and my neck was broken. If you are still lucky enough to own one of these classics, please look into better neck restraint. My car was totalled and I am lucky to be alive. Keep an eye out for th other guy. I wish I had my lowrider back, and my neck, stock, too. With better neck restraint, at least I would have walked away without a titanium plate and screws where my neck used to be.

Favorite Features

This car is is the last of the muscle cars, a sleeper. If you own one, baby your baby.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs better neck restraints to protect from rear impact injuries,

Excellent Ride
By IMPALADOG

1995 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

You cannot find a better car than this one. If you apply any upgrades, which don't really need to be done, it will only improve the performance. This has to be one of the best cars ever made. As long as you do routine maintenance, this car will last as long as you own it.

Favorite Features

Style and performance

Suggested Improvements

Only what you want to do to make it yours.