1995 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
A Legend That Isn't Fully Justified
By OneOwner on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

My car was the show car at the Philadelphia Int'l Auto Show in 1995. I tried to get a discount, but the dealer insisted on the MSRP, which I paid. At the time, I thought it was the best looking 4-door car for sale. In many ways, it still is. And it does turn heads, even today. Since is from the General's stable, getting parts is easy, and generally cheap. At first, the Comp T/A tires were hard to find, but now you can get MUCH better Kumho tires for less than $80 each. One thing that is unfortunate is that, my car being the "rarest, a 1995 DGGM", you cannot get the paint from the dealer or AutoColor anymore to fill chips. Rear seat room is poor, as are the quality of the interior.

My 95 Impala SS
By Chas on 07/11/10 10:02 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

I purchased in 95. Had I known the 96 was going to be built with the floor shift and analog dash, I would have waited. Minor set back. I choose where I go with Chevy. It's black in color and has all the options available for that year. I have removed the impala ss from both rear quarters as it was a dirt collector. It's still a head turner, even the cops are quite inquisitive as to what type of auto as they are always pacing me. It's a keeper. I am the only driver and the ss is in pristine condition and plan to keep like that. Fun to drive. Lt1 is quite responsive and horse power can be increased a few mods that are reversible to oem specs. Great toy!

Love in a '95 Impala SS
By 4drvette95 on 06/15/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Our 95 Impala SS has been the best car through the years. It was a daily driver for many many years and since our kids have grown and gone it has become our project. We are lovingly restoring it to its previous glory. Ours being black is always and eye catcher and since the paint job even more so. We got tired of fighting the rear quater name decals so when it was painted we had it airbrushed on and clear coated. We just love it!

Take care
By low rider on 04/10/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

I had been the proud owner of my 1995 Impala for 9 yrs. I loved every mile: the car was stealthy, and total luxury. Unfortunately, 1 1/2 yrs ago, while waiting on a red light, I was rear ended so hard that the frame bent and my neck was broken. If you are still lucky enough to own one of these classics, please look into better neck restraint. My car was totalled and I am lucky to be alive. Keep an eye out for th other guy. I wish I had my lowrider back, and my neck, stock, too. With better neck restraint, at least I would have walked away without a titanium plate and screws where my neck used to be.

Excellent Ride
By IMPALADOG on 01/10/06 09:59 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

You cannot find a better car than this one. If you apply any upgrades, which don't really need to be done, it will only improve the performance. This has to be one of the best cars ever made. As long as you do routine maintenance, this car will last as long as you own it.

Why did GM stop??
By mshuffler on 11/29/04 17:42 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Great car! Big, comfortable, and plenty of power. 112K and counting with no problems. Easty to work on.

What else?
By Fraptician on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Loved it since it appeared in 94'. Was only 14 at the time so when I became of age and started making a little money, what else? I LOVE MY IMPALA! Bought a 95 at a steal when I was 19 (though I wish it were the vette' 96' edition) but still very pleased. Gets up and goes without hesitation! Was on I-20 headed east here in Atlanta near I- 285. Was doing 120 mph and it was still pulling!!! What elese?! It still turns heads almost 10 years after initial production, and thats without rims. People know an Impala when they see one. And if they don't... "Honey I seen the prettiest fastest car today. Had a deer or something on it. It sure was nice."

Still love it after 10 years
By mohammo on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

Bought our SS off the showroom floor in 94. Wish We would have waited a year to get the floor shifter offered in the 96 model. When new, we were regularly smoking the 5.0 Mustangs and impressing local law enforcement. Lots of fun to beat up ponies with a grocery-getter. Frequently asked if its for sale...maybe...if my wife convinces me to 'upgrade' to a C6 Vette.

There is no other car I'd rather have
By p6134476@yahoo.com on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

I've put about 100,000 miles on it in the last 3.5 years and have had very little trouble. It's fun to drive, very roomy, tremendously easy to work on (I can swap the water pump in well under an hour). It is also quite the attention-getter. Economy is not the word with this car though - tires are $150-$200 each, milage you can expect 17-20 mpg (although some get more) and all the toys you'll want to buy for it ain't cheap.

Never Had a Day of Trouble
By Rob Williams on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

I absolutely LOVE this car. It rides extremely smooth, performance is second to none for a car this size anywhere in this price range, and it never fails to turn a few heads. I couldn't ask for anything more. I've only had to change the oil and buy new tires.