Used 1994 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Always liked em, now I love em
By modillard

1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

I've always liked this car, when the General first introduced it to media as a car they "might" make, I thought it was hot. Now that I finally own 1, WOW!! I knew it would be fast, but for a car this big to handle so well was a very amazing surprise. I love driving it. Also,driven "sensibly" the gas mileage isn't that bad. I love the body style except for the rounded back end. I think the enterior is cool too I haven't had it long enough to see any recurring problem but a Chevy 350 is a easy motor to maintain, even though it's difficult to change the plugs and wires on the passanger side. whenever I walk up to this long,low,mean-looking black car, I kick myself for not buying one 10 years ago

Favorite Features

Style, performance and the way it rides

ok car
By bull

1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

good body, paint,handels road very good very good pick up, gas use poor. nice looking car but very overpriced for what you get.

Favorite Features

radio

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage, trim price by 5000 dollars.

Awesome car, but...
By PaulyMags

1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

One of the biggest mistakes GM has ever done was to stop making this car. Performance wise, this SS can smoke a Mustang and any tricked-out import out there. It handles surprisingly well considering that it's a big freakin' car. My only problem with mine is that I have fighting with a bunch of little reliability gremlins. My car had low miles, but it seemed like it could have been maintained better. Otherwise, you can't get a better family hauler/musclecar anywhere!

Favorite Features

Acceleration and sleeper exterior to unsuspecting victims.

Suggested Improvements

Get better interior materials and improve fit and finish.

Stop Living In The Past
By banx

1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for a year in '96. Compared to today's cars, it's a slug. Curb weight was 4200 lbs and with only 260 hp, 0-60 was almost 8 seconds. Almost any car today can do that. Handling was great for the time, but a new car would run rings around it now. It was relatively easy to maintain, but not well assembled. I loved the aggressive look then. Today it looks like a brick on wheels. The best part of the SS was it's ability to hold so many passengers and their equipment.

Favorite Features

Cargo carrying ability.

SSled
By SSled

1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan

This car fits me to a tee at my age and comfort expectations anymore. I've owned several pre-70's Chevy muscle cars and each had their high points. This modern muscle may not get the looks of a 70 Chevelle or 66 Nova but neither had air Conditioning or 4 wheel disc brakes or comfy leather seating or power this and that. Thats not to say it doesn't get noticed, I'm impressed how many thumbs up I get actually. Mine is a 4000 mile original that gets driven very rarely but when it does I enjoy it immensly. It's not the quickest or fastest car out there but it's got plenty of power and gets decent gas mileage for a 4200lb LT1 V8. Overall the car is perfect.

Favorite Features

Soft leather seats, ride comfort, big and spacious. Car has personality. Not many on the road anymore either.

Suggested Improvements

You can always use more power, better brakes, better mileage, etc.