1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

SS 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
236K and still going
By coleyhe on 08/17/09 20:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

After two water pumps and a distributor thats all the major maint. I've done of course I do the high way patrol sch, changing all fluids at every 3/36 and using AMSOIL sense 96. spent $22,000 sense then on maint. tires,oil, rotation, etc.

Best SS Ever
By Svimburg on 05/07/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

After ten years, my '94 Impala SS is still fun to drive and looks good. There is plenty of room for my family of five and all of our stuff fits easily into the Soprano-sized trunk. The acceleration is exciting and the roar of the iron block V-8 never fails to put a smile on my face. I was surprised to see on Edmunds that my car has retained 50% of its value since I bought 10 years ago! The car is very comfortable to drive around town or on a long road trip. Gas mileage is good. I get high teens in town and low 20s on the highway where I cruise at 70. I get the same mpg on a 2003 Honda Odyssey van that has a V-6 and 5 speed automatic.

Dream Car
By Rice SS on 02/08/08 11:07 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

This car has been my dream car since it first came out 14 years ago. It has been a drwam drivng so far. I really am a fan of the 96 but I'm happy with the 94 so far. Only problem is the power lock fuse keeps blowing. Probably something the stereo installer did because that's when it started. It came with dual wide chrome pipes and growls like a pitbull at a stop light. If you drive this thing like a 4 cylinder you will come out the pocket in gas. So far I'm at 15+ mpg's. You have to cruise. Heads turn left and right for this car but the police are looking too. Not recommended for someone who wants to be low key. Highly recommended for the life of the party type of person.

SSled
By SSled on 08/23/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

This car fits me to a tee at my age and comfort expectations anymore. I've owned several pre-70's Chevy muscle cars and each had their high points. This modern muscle may not get the looks of a 70 Chevelle or 66 Nova but neither had air Conditioning or 4 wheel disc brakes or comfy leather seating or power this and that. Thats not to say it doesn't get noticed, I'm impressed how many thumbs up I get actually. Mine is a 4000 mile original that gets driven very rarely but when it does I enjoy it immensly. It's not the quickest or fastest car out there but it's got plenty of power and gets decent gas mileage for a 4200lb LT1 V8. Overall the car is perfect.

Stop Living In The Past
By banx on 10/10/06 07:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for a year in '96. Compared to today's cars, it's a slug. Curb weight was 4200 lbs and with only 260 hp, 0-60 was almost 8 seconds. Almost any car today can do that. Handling was great for the time, but a new car would run rings around it now. It was relatively easy to maintain, but not well assembled. I loved the aggressive look then. Today it looks like a brick on wheels. The best part of the SS was it's ability to hold so many passengers and their equipment.

Always liked em, now I love em
By modillard on 11/10/05 23:36 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

I've always liked this car, when the General first introduced it to media as a car they "might" make, I thought it was hot. Now that I finally own 1, WOW!! I knew it would be fast, but for a car this big to handle so well was a very amazing surprise. I love driving it. Also,driven "sensibly" the gas mileage isn't that bad. I love the body style except for the rounded back end. I think the enterior is cool too I haven't had it long enough to see any recurring problem but a Chevy 350 is a easy motor to maintain, even though it's difficult to change the plugs and wires on the passanger side. whenever I walk up to this long,low,mean-looking black car, I kick myself for not buying one 10 years ago

BEST 4DOOR EVER BUILT.........
By DMASON on 08/16/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

THIS 4 DOOR FAMILY CAR IS ALL A 4 DOOR SHOULD BE. HAS MORE THAN AMPLE HORSES AND PLENTY OF SHOW. NOTE THE AMOUNT OF YOUNGER ADULTS THAT OWN ONE NOW, WHEN ORIGINALLY 85% WERE OWNED BY PEOPLE 50 AND UP. KINDA SPEAKS FOR ITSELF DOESN'T IT. BMW AND MAZDA AND FORD HAS NO ANSWER IN COMPARISOME WITH ANY OF THEIR 4DOOR VEHICLES UNLESS YOU PAY FOOLISHLY.3 IMPALLA "SS" OR 1 BEEMER? NOT THAT HARD A QUESTION IS IT. OH YEH, DON'T FORGET THE DOLLAR LOSS IN % OVER TIME . CHECK OUT THE RETAIL ON THEM ALL AND SEE WHO LOST THE MOST $ IN VALUE!!!!!!!!!

Awesome car, but...
By PaulyMags on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

One of the biggest mistakes GM has ever done was to stop making this car. Performance wise, this SS can smoke a Mustang and any tricked-out import out there. It handles surprisingly well considering that it's a big freakin' car. My only problem with mine is that I have fighting with a bunch of little reliability gremlins. My car had low miles, but it seemed like it could have been maintained better. Otherwise, you can't get a better family hauler/musclecar anywhere!

Impalla SS - very, very fast family car.
By Way2KeuL on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

The 1994 Impalla SS is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is a big, fast and very stylish car. For families, it is the high performance alternative to a mini-van. Great for hauling groceries and kids, or for hauling a@# or cruising the beach or town. Not many family cars that weigh 4000-plus can beat a V-8 Mustang or Camaro but the Impalla does it with ease ...

ok car
By bull on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan

good body, paint,handels road very good very good pick up, gas use poor. nice looking car but very overpriced for what you get.