Unsafe
By ray190 on
2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
You can not see out of this car. I am 5-10 and my head is in the roof and my shoulder is agaist the door. This is not a car its a coffin
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
So much needs to change you may as well just start over.
By sean418
on 05/03/11 17:25 PM (PDT)

Why did you buy the car if you can not see out of it or the roof is too short for you? These are things you are suppose to consider BEFORE you buy the vehicle.

By robert172
on 04/14/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

Come on ray190, you don't own this car. No one would be dumb enough to purchase a car before he thoroughly checked it out and took it for a test drive.

By texasjack45
on 06/03/11 08:49 AM (PDT)

As stated by chevyhhr2011, I'm a six-footer and weight about 195. I have no space problems at all in this car. I do have to have the right armrest up to shift comfortably, but could drop it easily while cruising down the road on autopilot. The HHR is a really convenient little wagon and gets pretty nearly the same mileage in mixed driving that I go in my 07 and 08 Civics (25 mpg.

By 11hhr2lt
on 10/02/11 20:58 PM (PDT)

I own a '11 2LT. I'm 6'2" 310 and even with the slightly lower ceiling due to the sunroof I have no problem with headroom even when wearing a ballcap. The cargo area will hold 2 Marshall 4x12 cabs and 4 guitars along with everything else I need. This car is great.

By duogross
on 07/08/11 18:36 PM (PDT)

While perhaps a bit of an exaggeration by OP, it is true there is a visibility issue. I'm currently renting an HHR for several days, and the front windshield seems small and cut off. Side panels seem to block some blind spots. Feels a bit like looking out of a space shuttle (not that I've done that) :) The driver's seat seems a bit cramped, I am 5 ft. 10". I can't quite get a good steering wheel to seat position ratio. But as mentioned above, this can be sorted out with an average test drive to decide if it affects you or not.

By chevyhhr2011
on 05/27/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

I have a 2011 HHR LS model and fit very comfortably. I am 6'1 and 200 pounds. There is a good 3-4 inches from my head and the roof and shoulders are no problem at all. I don't think this comment was made from an actual owner or driver.

By jemerich2002
on 04/06/14 14:16 PM (PDT)

I'm 6'2" and much larger than ANYONE listed in these comments AND i fit perfectly. There is a seat adjustment that raises or lowers the seat and my tall torso fits fine when PLENTY of headroom and my shoulders don't touch ANYTHING. I think Ray just doesn't like these vehicles. Blind spots yes. But it's not as bad as the new Camaro! So that's a plus!

By jemerich2002
on 04/06/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

Oops I'm smaller than 11hhr2lt. Didn't see him. But similar sized