Stealth Value~!
By smulvey on
2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
If you price out a car that does what this car does you will notice it is $ 4,000 cheaper than the typical offering in other lines , even including GM lines! It is a 4 cylinder motor. It is great for highway and city driving. It is not a torque monster. You do not want to buy this car to TOW a boat to Floirda from the hills of PA. I drive 25,000 miles a year. I have 80K on my HHR. I had it into the dealer once ( last month ) for a door lock / key FOB / RFID issue. The dealer could not figure it out. Everything else for this car was done in my Driveway or at Sears at the mall.
Favorite Features
The interior lets me haul big tool chests, customer machinery or the whole family. That makes it a great family car . The comfort lets me take long trips to job sites and not get fatigued. The Fuel Economy in both city ( 26 MPG ) and on trips ( 34 MPG ) makes this my companies most affordable company car we have. This is a great car for almost anyone. And I paid $ 17,000 for mine. How can you beat that ?
Suggested Improvements
This car has the same issues all new cars have with VISIBILITY. The dark rear windows, the thick pillars with Air Bags in them make it hard to see out of it. The Front doors each have a big Towing Style Rear Side Mirror in them. That takes glass from the driver. The Windshield has a massive computer / mirror / cell phone / compass in it. This is now STANDARD on most cars. You lose visibility on these new cars. Be Careful out there. I would like the Dashboard Information center to have two new menus 1.) Instant Speed- The MPH on the gauge is goofy. It never is where I need it. 2.) Transsmission Gear ( D,1,2,3,4 ) so I know what actual gear the engine is in. It Helps!