Used 2011 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Great Car for Price - Sorry it's Being Discontinued
By zkeith2

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a really great car. It looks better, is more fun to drive, and has better cargo storage than comparable cars. It's rare to get a hatchback in this price with masculine design lines. Most look so feminine/cute/wimpy. With huge rebates in place now because 2011 is the last model year, this is a great deal.

Average over 30mpg on every tank - tops so far is 33.5mpg on one tank. Hard plastic storage shelf in rear cargo is strong and can hold 50+lbs. This turns the rear trunk into a 2-tiered storage system. Brilliant! Other cars just have privacy screens, which can't hold anything on top - wasted space. This is more fun to drive and nimbler than my last car -a much more expensive Accord Coupe. Incredible cargo storage for such a small car, which can fit in tight city spots. Decent acceleration with manual trans.

Wipers always sweep once before washer fluid comes out - really annoying way for them to get caked-on dirt before cleaning the windshield. Outward visibility is the worst I've ever seen from the tiny windshield/side windows. Driving up to the line at a stoplight, you won't see the light at all when it changes. Massive amounts of torque steer at all times, not just during acceleration. Hope this can get fixed under warranty. Narrow inside - your elbows are closer to the front passenger's than you might expect. Really bad interior storage (no center console) although rear cargo storage is great. Car that stickers for $20K should have alloy wheels, not hub caps, and standard floor mats.

2011 Chevy HHR Exceeded Our Expectations!
By chevyhhr2011

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a new 2011 Chevy HHR LS with the My Link package because it had everything we needed for our business. From the interior room of an SUV to the gas savings of a small car the HHR has been fun to drive and it is easy to load packages for shipment. Our website business, [HTML deleted], uses the HHR for shipments, carrying and picking up new inventory and advertising. In the future we plan to add advertising decals on the exterior to make it stick out from the others. The HHR has exceeded our expectations with its comfort and convenience. We have over 1,500 miles in just about a month of owning it with no problems.

The Remote start system is just an added bonus. We really like OnStar, Bluetooth and the XM radio. The HHR came with a lot of standard options which was great for the price range and we couldn't have asked for anything more. With the type of winters we get here having the traction control with a front wheel drive was essential.

Nothing. The HHR has truly exceeded our expectations even though many of the reviews were good for this model.

Stealth Value~!
By smulvey

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you price out a car that does what this car does you will notice it is $ 4,000 cheaper than the typical offering in other lines , even including GM lines! It is a 4 cylinder motor. It is great for highway and city driving. It is not a torque monster. You do not want to buy this car to TOW a boat to Floirda from the hills of PA. I drive 25,000 miles a year. I have 80K on my HHR. I had it into the dealer once ( last month ) for a door lock / key FOB / RFID issue. The dealer could not figure it out. Everything else for this car was done in my Driveway or at Sears at the mall.

The interior lets me haul big tool chests, customer machinery or the whole family. That makes it a great family car . The comfort lets me take long trips to job sites and not get fatigued. The Fuel Economy in both city ( 26 MPG ) and on trips ( 34 MPG ) makes this my companies most affordable company car we have. This is a great car for almost anyone. And I paid $ 17,000 for mine. How can you beat that ?

This car has the same issues all new cars have with VISIBILITY. The dark rear windows, the thick pillars with Air Bags in them make it hard to see out of it. The Front doors each have a big Towing Style Rear Side Mirror in them. That takes glass from the driver. The Windshield has a massive computer / mirror / cell phone / compass in it. This is now STANDARD on most cars. You lose visibility on these new cars. Be Careful out there. I would like the Dashboard Information center to have two new menus 1.) Instant Speed- The MPH on the gauge is goofy. It never is where I need it. 2.) Transsmission Gear ( D,1,2,3,4 ) so I know what actual gear the engine is in. It Helps!

Unsafe
By ray190

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

You can not see out of this car. I am 5-10 and my head is in the roof and my shoulder is agaist the door. This is not a car its a coffin

None

So much needs to change you may as well just start over.

2.4L Automatic Review
By elviejo2010

2011 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Don't let the funky retro styling fool you, this is a very practical vehicle. We are empty-nesters who seldom have more than two people in the vehicle but haul a lot of stuff around with our hobbies and this is just the ticket. We have a 2.4L Auto with the 1Lt package and it has plenty of features. The high seats are good for us older types, the short doors make entry/exit easy in tight spots and the rear view camera is definitely recommended. Drives well, plenty of power at highway speeds, and quiet.

Space for hauling stuff.