2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
HHR: Great Little Utility Vehicle
By neh1 on 05/03/12 11:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Own a 2009 2LT version. It does everything I wanted it to. I'd only change a few things: 1. install four wheel disc brakes instead of the "disc/drum" brake combination. 2. install the full roof rack instead of just half of it and expecting the buyer to purchase the other half as an aftermarket option. 3. upgrade the radio/cd player so its more robust. CD's keep sticking inside the player necessitating playing games to get them unstuck. 4. change the engine intake air filter housing design. The housing removal is a major pain when you want to change out filters.

Great Car!
By gonzo79 on 04/09/12 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I bought this car about a year back. So far we use it for all of our trips and like the quiet ride. We now have 35k on it and it runs like a dream. Smooth auto trans and quite peppy for 2.2 - 4 cyl engine. We can get all the groceries, and all of our newborns equipment in the hatch. We get between 26.5-28mpg on average. Fun little car, we have enjoyed it so far. Wish they didn't discontinue them!

Plenty of bang fer the buck
By montanamark on 01/15/12 12:36 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2011 hhr lt for 2 months now and have absolutly NO complaints,being 6'02" 235 lbs I fit very comfortably in the cockpit,the high output 4 cylinder eco-tech engine is amazing gets up to 75 MPH with no hesitation or problem at all.however I dont plan on towing a yacht to Flordia or racing a Ferrari for pink slips,but for a general purpose light hauler its funtastic.The retro looks are second to none,its been called rad,cool, cute(by my dear 75 year old mom),sleek, retro etc etc.Its really sad that GM discontinued the HHR,I think its a present day classic.would like to see it make a comeback possibly in '13 or '14 LOVE MY HHR.Mine is an automatic trans form would'nt let me enter

2.4L Automatic Review
By elviejo2010 on 12/14/10 10:41 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Don't let the funky retro styling fool you, this is a very practical vehicle. We are empty-nesters who seldom have more than two people in the vehicle but haul a lot of stuff around with our hobbies and this is just the ticket. We have a 2.4L Auto with the 1Lt package and it has plenty of features. The high seats are good for us older types, the short doors make entry/exit easy in tight spots and the rear view camera is definitely recommended. Drives well, plenty of power at highway speeds, and quiet.

My new 2011 2.4L 2LT HHR
By Foggy on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. But Edmunds only lists the 2.2L engine with Man trans. I got the 2.4L with 4 spd auto. Interior is hard plastic, but leather seats are good. Mileage is 27 mpg avg. I downsized from a Mini Van. After purchase, started noticing so many HHRs out there. Rear view camera is valuable. I got 2LT pack, like the 17" wheels, seems very solid, lots of sound deadening material. Practical design, fold flat seats good. Windshield not very high, but got used to it quickly as did with steer by wire steering. All in all, I'd say give this a look. At least it doesn't look like all the rest of small suvs. Lots of aftermarket stuff to add on.

surprised
By gator929 on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I was pleasantly surprised with the engine acceleration and the ride. It has a very car like smoothness.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon in VA is:

$143 per month*