Used 2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

HHR: Great Little Utility Vehicle
By neh1

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Own a 2009 2LT version. It does everything I wanted it to. I'd only change a few things: 1. install four wheel disc brakes instead of the "disc/drum" brake combination. 2. install the full roof rack instead of just half of it and expecting the buyer to purchase the other half as an aftermarket option. 3. upgrade the radio/cd player so its more robust. CD's keep sticking inside the player necessitating playing games to get them unstuck. 4. change the engine intake air filter housing design. The housing removal is a major pain when you want to change out filters.

Great Car!
By gonzo79

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I bought this car about a year back. So far we use it for all of our trips and like the quiet ride. We now have 35k on it and it runs like a dream. Smooth auto trans and quite peppy for 2.2 - 4 cyl engine. We can get all the groceries, and all of our newborns equipment in the hatch. We get between 26.5-28mpg on average. Fun little car, we have enjoyed it so far. Wish they didn't discontinue them!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage. Nice exterior styling. Affordable price.

Suggested Improvements

Materials inside are a tad cheap.

Plenty of bang fer the buck
By montanamark

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2011 hhr lt for 2 months now and have absolutly NO complaints,being 6'02" 235 lbs I fit very comfortably in the cockpit,the high output 4 cylinder eco-tech engine is amazing gets up to 75 MPH with no hesitation or problem at all.however I dont plan on towing a yacht to Flordia or racing a Ferrari for pink slips,but for a general purpose light hauler its funtastic.The retro looks are second to none,its been called rad,cool, cute(by my dear 75 year old mom),sleek, retro etc etc.Its really sad that GM discontinued the HHR,I think its a present day classic.would like to see it make a comeback possibly in '13 or '14 LOVE MY HHR.Mine is an automatic trans form would'nt let me enter

Favorite Features

style, info features on steering wheel, MPG,Comfort,A/C and heater have quick response,polished steel wheels(just like chrome!!)power for a 4 cyl.!! head turner,lo pro tires,premium pioneer sound system,savings at the fuel pump,insane safty features(air bags everywhere!!) LOVE IT

Suggested Improvements

better drivers arm rests

Great Chevy Car/SUV & Gas Saver!
By chevyhhr2011

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has truly exceeded our expectations. We have owned it for almost 3,000 miles now in just under 2 months and this car has been great on gas and has a very smooth ride with good handling. We use the HHR as our business car for hauling items and shipments. Our website business, Wonder Buy Shop, has had other work cars available but we mainly use the HHR because it has the smoothness of a car with the functions of an SUV. Personally I've had BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Honda and other cars but the HHR has been great on gas and the features are perfect for what we need with Bluetooth, OnStar, Automatic and more. Thanks to Chevy for making a real economic and fun car/SUV to drive!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, XM Radio for 1 year, OnStar with directions. All of our cars need Bluetooth so we made the appropriate purchase of the package that included it. The OnStar has been really nice to have an is a real eye opener because it seems like EVERY car should have the service it provides. XM Sat radio is nice to keep the boredom out of lond drives.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. All of the other things other owners have mentioned including visibility is not a real issue because you get used to it. Also, I'm 6'1 and 200 pounds and when driving or as a passenger can be very comfortable. The engine noise is sometimes noticed more in city driving but on the highway this car drives very smooth. I've heard this is the last model year that Chevy plans to make for the HHR so we are really happy to get one of the last ones!

More like entry level!
By canman4

2011 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about a month and a half now. What can I say? This car is OK, not good, not great. Good thing GM is offering huge discounts because it's not much better than some entry level cars. I was looking for something larger than compact after owning a van for a while. The size of this car is pretty good compared to small SUVs but, that's about it. A very loud Ecotech engines easily scares people at crossings but is kind of annoying (the older engine was quieter and you can't buy ethanol anywhere anyway). Bad gas mileage (not much better than the old van), creaks all around the dash and the outside air temp sensor is way off (5 -10 degrees). Go with Mazda 3 or similar.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior up front with SUV type storage and does come with allot of standard stuff on the base model. Not much besides that.

Suggested Improvements

This car could be pretty good if GM could build them a little better. Lose the useless Ecotech engine, fix the creaky dash problems (you should be able to make a smoother dash these days - it sounds like a real beater inside), move the rear view mirror up an inch or so and add a telescopic wheel as you have to move the seat back so far to get comfortable in this thing. I actually might like this car if they fixed some of these minor issues that make it feel like a cheapo ****box. I'm already planning my next vehicle purchase as I don't don't think this car will last too long!