Used 2011 Chevrolet HHR LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Great Chevy Car/SUV & Gas Saver!
By chevyhhr2011

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has truly exceeded our expectations. We have owned it for almost 3,000 miles now in just under 2 months and this car has been great on gas and has a very smooth ride with good handling. We use the HHR as our business car for hauling items and shipments. Our website business, Wonder Buy Shop, has had other work cars available but we mainly use the HHR because it has the smoothness of a car with the functions of an SUV. Personally I've had BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Honda and other cars but the HHR has been great on gas and the features are perfect for what we need with Bluetooth, OnStar, Automatic and more. Thanks to Chevy for making a real economic and fun car/SUV to drive!

Bluetooth, XM Radio for 1 year, OnStar with directions. All of our cars need Bluetooth so we made the appropriate purchase of the package that included it. The OnStar has been really nice to have an is a real eye opener because it seems like EVERY car should have the service it provides. XM Sat radio is nice to keep the boredom out of lond drives.

Nothing. All of the other things other owners have mentioned including visibility is not a real issue because you get used to it. Also, I'm 6'1 and 200 pounds and when driving or as a passenger can be very comfortable. The engine noise is sometimes noticed more in city driving but on the highway this car drives very smooth. I've heard this is the last model year that Chevy plans to make for the HHR so we are really happy to get one of the last ones!

More like entry level!
By canman4

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about a month and a half now. What can I say? This car is OK, not good, not great. Good thing GM is offering huge discounts because it's not much better than some entry level cars. I was looking for something larger than compact after owning a van for a while. The size of this car is pretty good compared to small SUVs but, that's about it. A very loud Ecotech engines easily scares people at crossings but is kind of annoying (the older engine was quieter and you can't buy ethanol anywhere anyway). Bad gas mileage (not much better than the old van), creaks all around the dash and the outside air temp sensor is way off (5 -10 degrees). Go with Mazda 3 or similar.

Roomy interior up front with SUV type storage and does come with allot of standard stuff on the base model. Not much besides that.

This car could be pretty good if GM could build them a little better. Lose the useless Ecotech engine, fix the creaky dash problems (you should be able to make a smoother dash these days - it sounds like a real beater inside), move the rear view mirror up an inch or so and add a telescopic wheel as you have to move the seat back so far to get comfortable in this thing. I actually might like this car if they fixed some of these minor issues that make it feel like a cheapo ****box. I'm already planning my next vehicle purchase as I don't don't think this car will last too long!

Great Car for Price - Sorry it's Being Discontinued
By zkeith2

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a really great car. It looks better, is more fun to drive, and has better cargo storage than comparable cars. It's rare to get a hatchback in this price with masculine design lines. Most look so feminine/cute/wimpy. With huge rebates in place now because 2011 is the last model year, this is a great deal.

Average over 30mpg on every tank - tops so far is 33.5mpg on one tank. Hard plastic storage shelf in rear cargo is strong and can hold 50+lbs. This turns the rear trunk into a 2-tiered storage system. Brilliant! Other cars just have privacy screens, which can't hold anything on top - wasted space. This is more fun to drive and nimbler than my last car -a much more expensive Accord Coupe. Incredible cargo storage for such a small car, which can fit in tight city spots. Decent acceleration with manual trans.

Wipers always sweep once before washer fluid comes out - really annoying way for them to get caked-on dirt before cleaning the windshield. Outward visibility is the worst I've ever seen from the tiny windshield/side windows. Driving up to the line at a stoplight, you won't see the light at all when it changes. Massive amounts of torque steer at all times, not just during acceleration. Hope this can get fixed under warranty. Narrow inside - your elbows are closer to the front passenger's than you might expect. Really bad interior storage (no center console) although rear cargo storage is great. Car that stickers for $20K should have alloy wheels, not hub caps, and standard floor mats.

2011 Chevy HHR Exceeded Our Expectations!
By chevyhhr2011

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a new 2011 Chevy HHR LS with the My Link package because it had everything we needed for our business. From the interior room of an SUV to the gas savings of a small car the HHR has been fun to drive and it is easy to load packages for shipment. Our website business, [HTML deleted], uses the HHR for shipments, carrying and picking up new inventory and advertising. In the future we plan to add advertising decals on the exterior to make it stick out from the others. The HHR has exceeded our expectations with its comfort and convenience. We have over 1,500 miles in just about a month of owning it with no problems.

The Remote start system is just an added bonus. We really like OnStar, Bluetooth and the XM radio. The HHR came with a lot of standard options which was great for the price range and we couldn't have asked for anything more. With the type of winters we get here having the traction control with a front wheel drive was essential.

Nothing. The HHR has truly exceeded our expectations even though many of the reviews were good for this model.

Stealth Value~!
By smulvey

2011 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

If you price out a car that does what this car does you will notice it is $ 4,000 cheaper than the typical offering in other lines , even including GM lines! It is a 4 cylinder motor. It is great for highway and city driving. It is not a torque monster. You do not want to buy this car to TOW a boat to Floirda from the hills of PA. I drive 25,000 miles a year. I have 80K on my HHR. I had it into the dealer once ( last month ) for a door lock / key FOB / RFID issue. The dealer could not figure it out. Everything else for this car was done in my Driveway or at Sears at the mall.

The interior lets me haul big tool chests, customer machinery or the whole family. That makes it a great family car . The comfort lets me take long trips to job sites and not get fatigued. The Fuel Economy in both city ( 26 MPG ) and on trips ( 34 MPG ) makes this my companies most affordable company car we have. This is a great car for almost anyone. And I paid $ 17,000 for mine. How can you beat that ?

This car has the same issues all new cars have with VISIBILITY. The dark rear windows, the thick pillars with Air Bags in them make it hard to see out of it. The Front doors each have a big Towing Style Rear Side Mirror in them. That takes glass from the driver. The Windshield has a massive computer / mirror / cell phone / compass in it. This is now STANDARD on most cars. You lose visibility on these new cars. Be Careful out there. I would like the Dashboard Information center to have two new menus 1.) Instant Speed- The MPH on the gauge is goofy. It never is where I need it. 2.) Transsmission Gear ( D,1,2,3,4 ) so I know what actual gear the engine is in. It Helps!