2010 Turbo Problems
By Nick on
2010 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I have had 5 HHR's since 2006 (love the car), two turbos out of the 5. Never had a problem with any (not even a water leak or radio problem)except for this 2010. A piece of tubing connected to the turbo holds 20 pounds of pressure and was made out of plastic that failed. The Chevy dealer cannot find the part nationwide even with GM help. My question is what about contacting the assembly plant for a part or have one fabricated? Dealer stated GM will not let them fabricate a part, so I have been without my 600 mile 2010 car for over a week. The only thing Ford, GM or others understand is a lawyer. Did get a loaner car after 5 days with GM help.
Favorite Features
Retro look, ease of loading camping stuff and ability to flat tow behind our motor home
Suggested Improvements
Power lift gate, chrome 18" wheels
By teachweber
on 10/22/11 13:06 PM (PDT)

I understand the engine and? turbo are made by Nissan for Chevrolet? Also this engine is same as in Chevy Cobalt Turbo. Parts availability there? My guess there is a Chevy Cobalt/HHR turbo smashed in a scrap yard somewhere. I have a 2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbo. Love the car. One minor squeak in Driver's side windshield visor. As mechanic said to me, "well don't put it in the down position and it won't squeak". I rarely do in any of my cars. Other than that, no problems in 1.5 years of ownership. Bet your problem is solved by Chevy before you read this. They helped me.