Used 2010 Chevrolet HHR LT Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

After 5 years I still regret buying this thing.
By Nic

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Problem #1 HHR would show the no seat belt light for passenger when no one was sitting there. Dealer claimed cell phones caused it to malfunction Problem #2 The car would like autobrake rapidly causing the car to slowdown, and shake. It was very scary when it happened. The "ESC" or something was cutting on. Would have to pull over and restart the car. Dealer claimed they never heard of the problem but I found on line forums where others had this issue. Problem #3 Recall, after recall, after recall Problem #4 The door handle is made of cheap plastic and broke. Dealer wanted like $400 to fix it. Found a replacement on Amazon for $50 and put it in my self Problem #5 Rotor and brakes when out. I think Problem #2 cause this. Cost me $530 to fix. Other issues.

Stylish Ride
By E Souffle

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Early HHRs had many teething problems; some of them serious. My 2010 model has been trouble free. The car went in for two recall items: ignition switch and power steering, even though I was not experiencing any problems. Neither visit cost me anything. My mileage isn't great - about 22mpg (80% street). I don't use ethanol. A drop of ethanol has about 85% the energy of a drop of gasoline. Not to mention some water content. The car is plenty peppy for me. The A pillars are very thick; take a little getting used to, but the interior is very comfortable. Entry/exit is very easy unlike some cars with a low roofline. I also like the useful cargo area and A/C. There is a little compartment in the middle of the dashboard - very handy. I do my own oil changes and the HHR is the best car for this. The new type oil filter is so neat, no mess. Owners of earlier models have reported transmission problems at around 40K+ miles. I only have 33K miles; no problems yet. So far I'm very happy.

Something Chevy Doesn't Tell You
By oceanhhr

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an HHR LT with the 2.4L Ecotec FlexFuel, automatic. Drives great. Plenty of pick-up. But no one mentioned the engine is NOT happy using the Ethanol gas we have to put in it!! To get decent gas mileage we have to put in an additive by Lucas every time we fill up! That's a pain. I would think about it before buying. Another problem is that the interior has MANY blind spots. You have to be extra careful to look more than normal to make sure you see properly. (Esp. for someone short in height.) It sits comfortably and the power driver seat works well. The round air vents are nicer than the standard louver ones. There are ample cup holders compared to many more expensive cars.

Size, space for small car, good luggage space.

Should find a better engine that will do well using Ethanol gas, since that's all we can find at gas stations. Otherwise, gas mileage drops as Ethanol builds up. Also need to eliminate so many blind spots.

LT2 Automatic transmission with 2.4L engine
By lbf58

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know why this trim level wasn't included in the menu, but that's what I have. Has all the whistles and bells. Bought a few months used with 13k on the odometer. Handles and brakes great. Very comfortable interior, mostly well designed. Fun to drive! Either you like the look of the retro exterior or you don't. I do.

Handling, appearance, Pioneer sound system, OnStar, XM, leather interior, hands free controls, USB, sun roof! Comfy ride, great sound system.

The placement of the cup holders in the front seat is very awkward. Glove box a bit on the small side. But hey, if that's my only complaint, it tells you something, right?

This is the Chevrolet to buy
By Jeffrey A. Wardwell

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 HHR, because, my Mom has a 2006 HHR. She loves her car. She said IF she ever trades, it will be for a new HHR. And I am enjoying my new HHR as much as she enjoys hers.

Style, the HHR's sure do turn heads when you see one driving down the street. Also when folding the back seats and front passenger seat down. Its amazing how much room you have to haul things in it. Also, love the remote start.

Cup holders are in a bad location