Used 2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Something Chevy Doesn't Tell You
By oceanhhr

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an HHR LT with the 2.4L Ecotec FlexFuel, automatic. Drives great. Plenty of pick-up. But no one mentioned the engine is NOT happy using the Ethanol gas we have to put in it!! To get decent gas mileage we have to put in an additive by Lucas every time we fill up! That's a pain. I would think about it before buying. Another problem is that the interior has MANY blind spots. You have to be extra careful to look more than normal to make sure you see properly. (Esp. for someone short in height.) It sits comfortably and the power driver seat works well. The round air vents are nicer than the standard louver ones. There are ample cup holders compared to many more expensive cars.

Favorite Features

Size, space for small car, good luggage space.

Suggested Improvements

Should find a better engine that will do well using Ethanol gas, since that's all we can find at gas stations. Otherwise, gas mileage drops as Ethanol builds up. Also need to eliminate so many blind spots.

HHR...road warrior
By fordguy63

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my wife in 2010 (new). The only problem we've had is with the ignition switch, which got stuck in the ON position & the car would not shut off. This happened on a Sunday afternoon & onstar was spectacularly unhelpful. The operator told us to find a shop that was open & go there, then sent us to Honda dealer which was closing by the time we got there (5pm). We finally had the running car disabled & towed to Bachman Chevrolet, per Onstar's instructions. (something to do with warranty regulations blah,blah,blah). Bachman Chevrolet had the car up & running free of charge by 3PM Monday, so pretty good service on their part.

Favorite Features

Pretty good gas mileage. Good stereo with Satellite radio & integral hands free phone with its own phone number.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are in a really bad spot. Door lock knobs stick up at a bad spot if you like to drive with you arm on the window ledge.

LT2 Automatic transmission with 2.4L engine
By lbf58

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know why this trim level wasn't included in the menu, but that's what I have. Has all the whistles and bells. Bought a few months used with 13k on the odometer. Handles and brakes great. Very comfortable interior, mostly well designed. Fun to drive! Either you like the look of the retro exterior or you don't. I do.

Favorite Features

Handling, appearance, Pioneer sound system, OnStar, XM, leather interior, hands free controls, USB, sun roof! Comfy ride, great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The placement of the cup holders in the front seat is very awkward. Glove box a bit on the small side. But hey, if that's my only complaint, it tells you something, right?

This is the Chevrolet to buy
By Jeffrey A. Wardwell

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 HHR, because, my Mom has a 2006 HHR. She loves her car. She said IF she ever trades, it will be for a new HHR. And I am enjoying my new HHR as much as she enjoys hers.

Favorite Features

Style, the HHR's sure do turn heads when you see one driving down the street. Also when folding the back seats and front passenger seat down. Its amazing how much room you have to haul things in it. Also, love the remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are in a bad location

Good car
By tdyson

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

500+miles on the road on a tank of gas $17,000.00 out the door with Power Windows, locks, remote start, navigation system, am, FM, XM, cd, and onstar. Drives nice and a lot of car for the price I have a 2008 max pick up that refuse to pass a gas station. For the price and the cost to operate this the the best that it have been for me.

Favorite Features

For the money I like all the features could have paid more for better seat covers but I feel I received a lot more, over all, for the price I paid

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, they are out of place for the driver.