Used 2010 Chevrolet HHR LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Something Chevy Doesn't Tell You
By oceanhhr

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an HHR LT with the 2.4L Ecotec FlexFuel, automatic. Drives great. Plenty of pick-up. But no one mentioned the engine is NOT happy using the Ethanol gas we have to put in it!! To get decent gas mileage we have to put in an additive by Lucas every time we fill up! That's a pain. I would think about it before buying. Another problem is that the interior has MANY blind spots. You have to be extra careful to look more than normal to make sure you see properly. (Esp. for someone short in height.) It sits comfortably and the power driver seat works well. The round air vents are nicer than the standard louver ones. There are ample cup holders compared to many more expensive cars.

Favorite Features

Size, space for small car, good luggage space.

Suggested Improvements

Should find a better engine that will do well using Ethanol gas, since that's all we can find at gas stations. Otherwise, gas mileage drops as Ethanol builds up. Also need to eliminate so many blind spots.

LT2 Automatic transmission with 2.4L engine
By lbf58

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know why this trim level wasn't included in the menu, but that's what I have. Has all the whistles and bells. Bought a few months used with 13k on the odometer. Handles and brakes great. Very comfortable interior, mostly well designed. Fun to drive! Either you like the look of the retro exterior or you don't. I do.

Favorite Features

Handling, appearance, Pioneer sound system, OnStar, XM, leather interior, hands free controls, USB, sun roof! Comfy ride, great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The placement of the cup holders in the front seat is very awkward. Glove box a bit on the small side. But hey, if that's my only complaint, it tells you something, right?

This is the Chevrolet to buy
By Jeffrey A. Wardwell

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 HHR, because, my Mom has a 2006 HHR. She loves her car. She said IF she ever trades, it will be for a new HHR. And I am enjoying my new HHR as much as she enjoys hers.

Favorite Features

Style, the HHR's sure do turn heads when you see one driving down the street. Also when folding the back seats and front passenger seat down. Its amazing how much room you have to haul things in it. Also, love the remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are in a bad location

I'm in love
By Bill

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded 2006 Chevy Colorado for a new 2010 HHR. What can I say? I love driving it. Handles great, makes sharp turns like a real sports car. Turns heads. Best vehicle I have ever owned. I can wait to get back in and drive. Shifting is clean effortless and smooth. All I can say is One great vehicle.

Favorite Features

styling in and out. Quietness. Everything about it I like.

Suggested Improvements

Drink holders.

2006 vs. 2010
By deljam

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got my new 2010 HHR, traded a 2000 Blazer and the interior size is comparable. My son has the 2006 HHR model and I enjoy the interior changes made. Body Style is identical, which makes sense since it is fashioned after the Heritage '51 Model. They moved the window controls to the door. Cup holder positioning is still a problem - trying to reach around behind to access. Seems solid and really quiet (I chose the bigger engine). After the initial lag (1 - 2 second response delay)on take-off, runs great. Hope it lasts at least 10 years!

Favorite Features

On star, XM Radio, Radio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Why is the gas tank filler on the passenger side? Seems to go against the grain to pull in to a gas station the wrong way!