Used 2010 Chevrolet HHR LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

HHR...road warrior
By fordguy63

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my wife in 2010 (new). The only problem we've had is with the ignition switch, which got stuck in the ON position & the car would not shut off. This happened on a Sunday afternoon & onstar was spectacularly unhelpful. The operator told us to find a shop that was open & go there, then sent us to Honda dealer which was closing by the time we got there (5pm). We finally had the running car disabled & towed to Bachman Chevrolet, per Onstar's instructions. (something to do with warranty regulations blah,blah,blah). Bachman Chevrolet had the car up & running free of charge by 3PM Monday, so pretty good service on their part.

Favorite Features

Pretty good gas mileage. Good stereo with Satellite radio & integral hands free phone with its own phone number.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are in a really bad spot. Door lock knobs stick up at a bad spot if you like to drive with you arm on the window ledge.

Good car
By tdyson

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

500+miles on the road on a tank of gas $17,000.00 out the door with Power Windows, locks, remote start, navigation system, am, FM, XM, cd, and onstar. Drives nice and a lot of car for the price I have a 2008 max pick up that refuse to pass a gas station. For the price and the cost to operate this the the best that it have been for me.

Favorite Features

For the money I like all the features could have paid more for better seat covers but I feel I received a lot more, over all, for the price I paid

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, they are out of place for the driver.

i love my hhr
By hornet7202

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Folks told me she was so little she wouldn't be good in snow. I drove her up a mountain over a mile high on mud and ice with no fish tailing or sliding, the traction was wonderful and now can hardly wait to try her in the Maine winter here, although I worry about the road salt. I put the seats down and can do what I always did with my bigger vans. Dodge and Plymouth. Needless to say she preforms well. My biggest complaint was location for my coffee cup, it is very hard to reach and drive. She handles well on turnpike driving and in cities like Boston she is a breeze. Thanks Chevy for a Nice little car. I tell my children if I had money, I'd have one in all the colors for each day of the week.

Favorite Features

Her looks, accessibility to get her self out of tight spots. She is so easy to drive. I am 67 and I usually keep a car 20 years and I feel she will still be going strong. The fact that the seats all fold down is a plus I like to bring stuff home. And she holds a lot of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

space for coffee cups. passenger front seat adjustment would be better if like driver seat. and it isn't as comfortable as driver or back seat.

HHR LS Rental
By HHR LS Rental

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a rental HHR LS for one month. It had 600 miles on it with a 26.3 mpg. I turned it in with 1650 miles with a 27.7 mpg. It was peppy,fun and easy to drive. I was never fond of small vehicles but the HHR changed my views. I had plenty of leg room, seats were comfortable. My wife loved driving it.Perfect for groceries, parking at the mall. I plan on buying one next year.

Suggested Improvements

Only one suggestion. A tilt/telescoping steering wheel is a must.