Used 2010 Chevrolet HHR LS Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Where do I start
By Shane M.

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2010 HHR in 2010 went through 3 ignition switches (luckily recalled) then the car Cam Shaft Advance sensor went out. Was told by dealership 680 dollars to repair, reason was there are three and they cannot tell which one went out so they have to replace all three. Power steering issues, started my car and put in reverse the whole front end start lurching and jumping. The cooling fan on a 4 year old car threw a blade and was out of balance 380 dollars. 4 years and here are the issues I have dealt with out of pocket, water pump <-- 350.00 dollars. Alternator 760.00 (they have to remove engine mounts and then insure they do not break the other mounts to replace the alternator. 2 Turn signal switches they fail to turn off (400.00). Master Power window Switch ( would only roll down Driver side window) went to roll down window one morning and heard a pop.....all four windows rolled all the way down no switch was responsive. 189.00 repair. Driving down the road car had no power (on a highway) look down and to do 55 mph I had to have 4800 RPM. Take to dealer. 1789.00 Transmission repair car with ONLY 48,000 miles on it But wait, when this happens to the transmission it messes with your ABS and it starts grinding your car will overheat ABS, Brake Lights and Stability Control System all start flashing. The Air Bag Light comes on intermittently they cannot find issue. The speakers to the stereo work WHEN they want....rears never work now... I do not know about the person who says do not listen to those having issues we are just complaining, well we have a right too.....this POS has cost me in 6 month over 4 thousand dollar. I bought it new...and it has been a ROLLING CATASTROPHE since. I will NEVER buy another GM and H*** will freeze over before I do.....contacted GM and all they wanted to do for me was give me a 500.00 Certificate towards purchasing another GM Catastrophe.....NO WAY!!!!!

HHR...road warrior
By fordguy63

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my wife in 2010 (new). The only problem we've had is with the ignition switch, which got stuck in the ON position & the car would not shut off. This happened on a Sunday afternoon & onstar was spectacularly unhelpful. The operator told us to find a shop that was open & go there, then sent us to Honda dealer which was closing by the time we got there (5pm). We finally had the running car disabled & towed to Bachman Chevrolet, per Onstar's instructions. (something to do with warranty regulations blah,blah,blah). Bachman Chevrolet had the car up & running free of charge by 3PM Monday, so pretty good service on their part.

Pretty good gas mileage. Good stereo with Satellite radio & integral hands free phone with its own phone number.

Cup holders are in a really bad spot. Door lock knobs stick up at a bad spot if you like to drive with you arm on the window ledge.

Good car
By tdyson

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

500+miles on the road on a tank of gas $17,000.00 out the door with Power Windows, locks, remote start, navigation system, am, FM, XM, cd, and onstar. Drives nice and a lot of car for the price I have a 2008 max pick up that refuse to pass a gas station. For the price and the cost to operate this the the best that it have been for me.

For the money I like all the features could have paid more for better seat covers but I feel I received a lot more, over all, for the price I paid

Cup holders, they are out of place for the driver.

i love my hhr
By hornet7202

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Folks told me she was so little she wouldn't be good in snow. I drove her up a mountain over a mile high on mud and ice with no fish tailing or sliding, the traction was wonderful and now can hardly wait to try her in the Maine winter here, although I worry about the road salt. I put the seats down and can do what I always did with my bigger vans. Dodge and Plymouth. Needless to say she preforms well. My biggest complaint was location for my coffee cup, it is very hard to reach and drive. She handles well on turnpike driving and in cities like Boston she is a breeze. Thanks Chevy for a Nice little car. I tell my children if I had money, I'd have one in all the colors for each day of the week.

Her looks, accessibility to get her self out of tight spots. She is so easy to drive. I am 67 and I usually keep a car 20 years and I feel she will still be going strong. The fact that the seats all fold down is a plus I like to bring stuff home. And she holds a lot of stuff.

space for coffee cups. passenger front seat adjustment would be better if like driver seat. and it isn't as comfortable as driver or back seat.

HHR LS Rental
By HHR LS Rental

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had a rental HHR LS for one month. It had 600 miles on it with a 26.3 mpg. I turned it in with 1650 miles with a 27.7 mpg. It was peppy,fun and easy to drive. I was never fond of small vehicles but the HHR changed my views. I had plenty of leg room, seats were comfortable. My wife loved driving it.Perfect for groceries, parking at the mall. I plan on buying one next year.

Only one suggestion. A tilt/telescoping steering wheel is a must.