2010 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Something Chevy Doesn't Tell You
By oceanhhr on 05/13/13 18:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have an HHR LT with the 2.4L Ecotec FlexFuel, automatic. Drives great. Plenty of pick-up. But no one mentioned the engine is NOT happy using the Ethanol gas we have to put in it!! To get decent gas mileage we have to put in an additive by Lucas every time we fill up! That's a pain. I would think about it before buying. Another problem is that the interior has MANY blind spots. You have to be extra careful to look more than normal to make sure you see properly. (Esp. for someone short in height.) It sits comfortably and the power driver seat works well. The round air vents are nicer than the standard louver ones. There are ample cup holders compared to many more expensive cars.

HHR...road warrior
By fordguy63 on 09/29/12 08:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my wife in 2010 (new). The only problem we've had is with the ignition switch, which got stuck in the ON position & the car would not shut off. This happened on a Sunday afternoon & onstar was spectacularly unhelpful. The operator told us to find a shop that was open & go there, then sent us to Honda dealer which was closing by the time we got there (5pm). We finally had the running car disabled & towed to Bachman Chevrolet, per Onstar's instructions. (something to do with warranty regulations blah,blah,blah). Bachman Chevrolet had the car up & running free of charge by 3PM Monday, so pretty good service on their part.

Chevy building good cars again.
By teachweber on 10/22/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A solid, tight car/truckette. Handling better than my MiniCooper S except for turning radius but then that should be obvious. My fuel mileage hovers around 28/29 mpg while my little truckette is faster than most V-8s I owned nothing but Chevy's until I was 35 years old. Then strayed for 20 years. Back again with this great little truck. Love retro and this vehicle is true to that while being very reliable.

Cool car/truck
By lakelizrd on 02/23/11 20:32 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just purchased a 2010 left over automatic SS/HHR. List price $27,975. Bought the truck for $20,260. The dealer had the SS left over in his inventory from 2010 and wanted to get rid of the truck. I only have 3000 miles on the SS, but so far it is a kick to drive. I added the stage 1 turbo booster kit which is a $690 dealer installed option. The booster kit kicks up the performance to 290 hp, 330 pounds of torque. This little guy screams and will keep up with my G-35 infinity. The ride is great, and handles well. You know the HHR is what it is - an inexpensive fun ride. If you are looking for big hauler buy a big truck - this is just a fun ride netting me an average of 27 MPG. So far so good

LT2 Automatic transmission with 2.4L engine
By lbf58 on 12/19/10 18:19 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know why this trim level wasn't included in the menu, but that's what I have. Has all the whistles and bells. Bought a few months used with 13k on the odometer. Handles and brakes great. Very comfortable interior, mostly well designed. Fun to drive! Either you like the look of the retro exterior or you don't. I do.

This is the Chevrolet to buy
By Jeffrey A. Wardwell on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 HHR, because, my Mom has a 2006 HHR. She loves her car. She said IF she ever trades, it will be for a new HHR. And I am enjoying my new HHR as much as she enjoys hers.

Good car
By tdyson on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

500+miles on the road on a tank of gas $17,000.00 out the door with Power Windows, locks, remote start, navigation system, am, FM, XM, cd, and onstar. Drives nice and a lot of car for the price I have a 2008 max pick up that refuse to pass a gas station. For the price and the cost to operate this the the best that it have been for me.

2010 Turbo Problems
By Nick on 08/15/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had 5 HHR's since 2006 (love the car), two turbos out of the 5. Never had a problem with any (not even a water leak or radio problem)except for this 2010. A piece of tubing connected to the turbo holds 20 pounds of pressure and was made out of plastic that failed. The Chevy dealer cannot find the part nationwide even with GM help. My question is what about contacting the assembly plant for a part or have one fabricated? Dealer stated GM will not let them fabricate a part, so I have been without my 600 mile 2010 car for over a week. The only thing Ford, GM or others understand is a lawyer. Did get a loaner car after 5 days with GM help.

I'm in love
By Bill on 07/26/10 10:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded 2006 Chevy Colorado for a new 2010 HHR. What can I say? I love driving it. Handles great, makes sharp turns like a real sports car. Turns heads. Best vehicle I have ever owned. I can wait to get back in and drive. Shifting is clean effortless and smooth. All I can say is One great vehicle.

The buggy that could
By Dojobuggy on 06/25/10 22:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Traded in my Ford Flex for the HHR SS and I am very happy with it. I went for the SS due to the power and handling package but ended up putting on the Turbo Upgrade and WOW. The HHR handles likes a sports car, gets really good mpg, has plenty of passing power and is very comfortable to drive. The bluetooth wireless is every bit as good as Ford Sync but their radio quality is not the greatest. Overall the HHR SS is the best model in its class out of the ones I had driven including Mazda and Mitsubishi.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet HHR in VA is:

$123 per month*