Nice Car, really!! 2.4 auto flexfuel
By Dean on
2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)
I bought a rental car with 8200 miles. Fuel mileage is not terrific (18-21 on E85)(45 with my vw bug diesel), but well built, and handles well with proper tire inflation. Light switch has odd quirk (goes off when bright to dim and dim to bright for split second). Torque steer when accelerating is startling (hang on). I like the storage in the middle of the dash, but not a whole lot of storage around the driver is available. The small windshield takes a little getting used to. I wish the adjustment on the steering wheel was greater.This car would be great with a dash like a Peterbilt (straight dash with lots of gauges). Long trips are very nice, however more cupholders would be nice.
Favorite Features
Flex fuel. (I felt smart during gulf BP crisis. Well built. No rattles. Styling. It's a small station wagon (which I love) Steering is great, weighed steering, handles well when pushed. With the back seat folded down, there is room for my four dogs. I like the drivers seat for longer trips.
Suggested Improvements
Better fuel economy, A second cigarette lighter, bumpers seem cheap and flimsy. Different headlight switch with no absence of light for split second. Middle console. Carpeted section in the back with the seats folded down (my dogs skittered around before I installed carpeting). no telescoping.