2009 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: Great Bang for Your Buck

2009 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

2009 Chevrolet HHR

SS Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Great Bang for Your Buck
By wade on

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a lot of fun to drive. I admit it is not a Corvette but it is quite fast and nimble. The way it sticks to the road and corners is awesome. It's a real sleeper-people do not expect much based on how it looks. I have a 35 mile drive to work on a fairly empty mountain road and most people would be afraid to ride with me the way I drive it [hey, that's why we buy the SS] and yet I still get about 25 MPG! Like I said, it's not a Vette. Now for the bad -- the road noise can be unbearable on certain road surfaces. It is so loud I may get ear plugs for 580 westbound. The interior is all hard plastic. The exterior fit is not so good -- my hood sits crooked. But for <$30K great!

How quick it is and how it handles. I also love the [premium] stereo w/sub. XM radio and OnStar are also great. I also love the fact that it is a practical car...lots of room for the kids and stuff yet still a lot of fun when I'm alone. Oh and the gas millage is a huge plus.

Turbo charge the 2.4L engine and give it all wheel drive. With the extra horses they could afford the weight of some sound damping material to quiet the EXCESSIVE road noise. I would gladly pay another $5K and lesser gas mileage. What a contender it would be!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review