2009 Chevrolet HHR 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A sweet ride

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS - Consumer Review

A sweet ride
By blueturtle on

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Victory Red HHR SS turbo. Excellent performance. Very comfortable inside, high bolstered sport seats, electric adjustable seats, are excellent for me and I am 6'1". Plenty of head room,leg room. Inside has a comfy-cozy feel, but not cramped. Nice ride and the 18" wheels help that cause. Very smooth on the highway. Have to get use to this 260 horse. Doing 80 on highway without realizing. ou do not feel the speed in this car. Very quiet. Loaded. Got it all on this SS. Have 900 miles in 2 months, and so far having fun and love it. No reliability issues yet (holding my breath on the brake issue plaguing this car).

Favorite Features

Acceleration, 18" wheels, interior comfort and quiet. Great lines especially if you like the old 48-49 Chevy panel trucks. Cargo space puts the competition to shame. Sound system and OnStar are wonderful. Remote start, how did I live without it!

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots, but don't know how they would do it without ruining the beautiful lines and windows. Just have to get use to this and take extra care. Speedometer #'s much to small & need more increments. I am doing 50 and think it is 45. Increments are 40-60- 80, needs to be by 10s.