Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Happy in Ohio
By preacher

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! What a nice set of wheels. I purchased this 2009 HHR in Dec. and have 1000 miles on it. I have the H.O 2.4 which has a lot of guts. With the LT2 package, it is loaded. The only thing that is missing is a telescoping steering wheel. I absolutely love it. It's like riding on a rail. Love the electronic power steering. Upscale feeling all the way. Bright red and chrome wheels makes this 65 yr. old feel a bit younger. Lot's of room for the grandkids and their stuff. GM has a winner in the HHR and so do I.

Leather seats, power everything,XM radio. On star(lowers insurance costs) and is a great safety feature. Lot's of power and smooth tranny.

Telescoping steering wheel and coin holder.

Squeaking Brakes
By Donna Miller

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since we've bought our HHR, the brakes squeak when applied to slow down, very annoying, the car had 29000 miles on it when purchased. I've read other complaints of the brake system and it needs to be dealt with. From bad rotors to brake pads, says GM uses less than adequate parts. What is the deal?

I dearly love my HHR
By LovemyHHR

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband purchased an HHR last year and when it came time for me to get a new vehicle, he immediately recommended I get one as well. I was unsure, though, and didn't decide on an HHR until I saw my baby on the car lot. Leather in interior, sunroom, all of the options. I Love My HHR It drives like a dream and is great as a family car. Just enough room but with much more coolness factor than a mini van mom-mobile! Also, easy to park and maneuver - A big plus for me!

All of the room inside and the layout - except for the ridiculously placed cupholders.

Ridiculously placed cup holders. I have no idea what they were thinking on this one, bless their hearts.

Pleasantly Surprised
By rileys34

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The move to this vehicle from a mid- sized SUV has been a pleasant surprise. It drives better and costs less, except for the Caliber, than anything else we tested. It also does not look like every other crossovers.

I like this car because: great highway ride, quiet, styling, front seating position, On-star, room and carrying capacity, steering wheel mounted controls, MPG and flexfuel option.

My list is: coffee cup holders, tighter turn radius, speedometer numbering, rear disk brakes, backup sensor, some SS options available on 2LT like wheels, transmission, suspension and brakes

Practical suburban vehicle
By almontgp

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best choices made for my transportation needs. Actually, I purchased this with my wife's impending need to upgrade her Prism (8 yrs old). We make daily trips of 40 miles, often hauling miscellaneous things such as feed bags, plantings and assorted small gardening equipment. The route is on both paved and unpaved roads. This car (?) is a perfect fit of utility and grace. The litmus test: my wife now drives this 100%! ;) That outcome means we will purchase another - literally - because as expected, the Prism has seen the end of trails.

View and perceived command of the road. Ease of entry (wife's frequent comment).

I could suggest the rear window washer controls in a more accessible place - not the safest for driving. I miss the garage door control in my Impala.