Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Fun, Fun, Fun!
By Shortiemetoo

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is just plain fun! Love how it looks, great feature with the DIC, mileage is better than advertised and it looks good. I got it in black, having never owned a Chevy or a black car and do NOT regret the purchase. I am only 5'1" and my daughter is 4'11" and we can see well, gives the feel of being up high!

Favorite Features

Looks, versatility of the cargo area, stereo and DIC.

Suggested Improvements

I knew about it ahead of time, but what is with those cupholders? Also wish there was a a console in the center of the two front seats. (Which could also serve as armrests.

Happy in Ohio
By preacher

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! What a nice set of wheels. I purchased this 2009 HHR in Dec. and have 1000 miles on it. I have the H.O 2.4 which has a lot of guts. With the LT2 package, it is loaded. The only thing that is missing is a telescoping steering wheel. I absolutely love it. It's like riding on a rail. Love the electronic power steering. Upscale feeling all the way. Bright red and chrome wheels makes this 65 yr. old feel a bit younger. Lot's of room for the grandkids and their stuff. GM has a winner in the HHR and so do I.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, power everything,XM radio. On star(lowers insurance costs) and is a great safety feature. Lot's of power and smooth tranny.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel and coin holder.

Squeaking Brakes
By Donna Miller

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since we've bought our HHR, the brakes squeak when applied to slow down, very annoying, the car had 29000 miles on it when purchased. I've read other complaints of the brake system and it needs to be dealt with. From bad rotors to brake pads, says GM uses less than adequate parts. What is the deal?

I dearly love my HHR
By LovemyHHR

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband purchased an HHR last year and when it came time for me to get a new vehicle, he immediately recommended I get one as well. I was unsure, though, and didn't decide on an HHR until I saw my baby on the car lot. Leather in interior, sunroom, all of the options. I Love My HHR It drives like a dream and is great as a family car. Just enough room but with much more coolness factor than a mini van mom-mobile! Also, easy to park and maneuver - A big plus for me!

Favorite Features

All of the room inside and the layout - except for the ridiculously placed cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

Ridiculously placed cup holders. I have no idea what they were thinking on this one, bless their hearts.

Pleasantly Surprised
By rileys34

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The move to this vehicle from a mid- sized SUV has been a pleasant surprise. It drives better and costs less, except for the Caliber, than anything else we tested. It also does not look like every other crossovers.

Favorite Features

I like this car because: great highway ride, quiet, styling, front seating position, On-star, room and carrying capacity, steering wheel mounted controls, MPG and flexfuel option.

Suggested Improvements

My list is: coffee cup holders, tighter turn radius, speedometer numbering, rear disk brakes, backup sensor, some SS options available on 2LT like wheels, transmission, suspension and brakes