2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
A SURPRISE OF A CAR !!
By DENWIN on 05/24/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I am an old guy that loves cars. Just gave up a Oldsmobile Aurora for an HHR. Who does this? I needed some gas mileage but we vacation a good bit, being retired. This little bugger is amazing! It corners like it is on rails, is very comfortable to ride in, its cool cause you don't seem like an old guy! The 250 amp Pioneer 7 speaker stereo on XM Rocks! it has every feature my Aurora had except memory seats and ride leveler. I did buy the larger engine 2.4 which comes in the 2LT. I almost wish I would have gotten the Super Sport, but this engine is great.Go buy one--I'm in Florida though---no more Ohio snow!

Glad I switched.
By Dean on 04/25/09 16:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my HHR in Jan 09 and am really happy with the vehicle. I've had a truck for years, but was really unhappy with the mileage that I was getting and with the price of gas I had to make a change. The look of the car and the room that it has attracted me as well. I can get all my stuff in there. I know it's not a truck, so I'll be putting a hitch on for a trailer. The fit and finish are good with mostly hard plastic inside, which is easy to clean up. The electronics are great as well. What else can I say, I love my HHR!!!

Better than PT cruiser
By KEVIN on 04/21/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I owned two cruisers but like the HHR even more. Tenn to NY got 35 mph when its still brand new. Love the center compartment! Love the DIC, especially the instant mileage. Didn't think I would ever want XM but it is great (has old time radio and real 50's music). I look for reasons to drive places. No problems with vision. I use the front opening for coffee holder, works great. I'm glad I waited for the 2009.

What a Bargain.
By Bob on 04/07/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have been considering an HHR for a couple of years because of the bang for the buck, its versatility, and its great fuel mileage. This year, I took the plunge, and sold a Lexus IS 250 AWD for the HHR. It's a great vehicle, and for the money it can't be beat. The ride is smooth, the cabin quiet, and the build quality superb. I took it on a 3 hour trip and found it to be every bit as comfortable as the Lexus. I also have a business, and the HHR's cargo capacity is what I was really searching for. It is a shame more people haven't discovered the great value the HHR is. I still can't believe I got this car on the road, after rebates, for under $15,000.

Say No With Snow...
By New Owner HHR on 04/01/09 06:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We just purchased this HHR my husband wanted to look at one and I thought I would humor him when I got in OK it was fun. So I told him ok. Got it home and the next day it snowed. Well I went to pick my son up at the school and when I stopped at a light everything from the roof slid down onto the windshield total whiteout couldn't see anything(so make sure to brush off roof in the snow) But anyways this thing does not handle well in snow or slush took alot to control it it wanted to slide all over the place I found myself driving extra slow. Pretty sure I ticked people off behind me. I think If you lived in a warmer state with no SNOW this would be a nice ride BUT NO to SNOW...

My Late Life Crisis
By Dan B on 03/01/09 07:17 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a vehicle that had most of the room of my Saturn Vue, and a style that would excite me. The HHR is perfect. It has a sporty feel, accommodates the weekend chores, and is generally fun to drive. I knew what I was buying so I have no complaints about the limited view or the cupholders. The first thing my passengers and I noted is that it's a solid car feel. I plan to enjoy my new toy!

Not in snow
By zee on 02/05/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Traded our 170,000 mile Subaru in for an American Car, thinking that we could help the economy. We should of kept the Subaru. The Chevy HHR is the worst car that I ever driven in the snow. There are some things that I wouldn't be afraid to say that I like about this vehicle, but if you have to drive in the snow they are not worth mentioning. By the way, I am not comparing the HHR to the Subaru as far as winter drivability because there is no comparison. I was thinking of the 68 Mustang Coupe that I had once own.

Best Car Ever!
By Fran on 01/24/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 2004 Ford Explorer for this little show piece. I love this vehicle! It is fun to drive, handles well as it hugs the road and the seating is comfortable. I love the sun roof, the leather seats and seat heaters. The arm rests are optional. You can pull them down if you like. If you want a little more room, leave them up, especially if you have a soft drink in the cup holder. The cupholders are fine with where they are located as long as you remember to lift the armrest. My HHR that gets 27 to 28 mpg around town. I drive 40 plus miles every day and maintain this average constantly. On the highway, I can get about 32 to 33 mph. Best car ever!

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS1 4 spd. auto
By McM on 01/15/09 23:09 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the HHR 3 wks ago, fun to drive, handles nicely. Good fuel mileage for not being broke in yet, 22 mpg in town, 31 on Interstate, also uses Flexifuel. Comfortable seats with lots of leg room in the front, haven't been in the back yet. Back seats fold down completely flat for a full hauling area and front pass seat folds down also. Rear storage underneath back hatch area above the spare tire door. Stereo is nice with lots of optional functions & MP3/iPod/Sat., plays MP3 or WMA CD's also. 1 yr of free OnStar is a great thing to have also & 3 mo. of Sat radio. Personal options digital display setup on dash. Auto on/off headlights, Remote Vehicle Start to 200 ft. (we love it!)

HHR - A Great GM Vehicle
By Ron S on 12/17/08 09:07 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned or leased at least 60 vehicles in my lifetime. This particular vehicle is one of the best in its class. It is well designed, is very stable, is fun to drive, is quiet, and gets great mileage. I have read a lot of reviews and have not found any of the negatives that others have reported. Yes the cupholders leave a bit to be desired and the front visibilty is a bit impaired because it is not a curved windshield. However, this is not a big deal. If you want a great domestic vehicle, ignore the skeptics and buy or lease this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon in VA is:

$116 per month*