2009 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Fun Machine
By Fred on 09/20/09 16:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Had my '09 HHR 1LT a little over six weeks and have over 3,300 miles on it. It's a fun machine to drive, plenty of power and great gas mileage. My previous ride was a '99 Blazer ZR2 with 219,000 miles on it and with the clunker program got my HHR. I don't see any reason why this HHR won't do the same.

Great Looks, Good overall car
By JPSKI on 09/20/09 07:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have my 09 HHR now for three months and have to say I really enjoy driving the car. Is it powerful- of course not, it is a 2.2 four cylinder engine. Is it adequate- yes. However there is a mystique about the car that I cannot fully explain except that I love to look at it and really enjoy driving it. It is fun, not luxury, and luxury is overrated! If you want to break away from status symbol land and just drive a fun car, you will be glad you picked this one.

retrorod
By biff on 09/19/09 02:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

A fun car to drive at city and highway speeds. Corners much better than I imagined. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Cadillac, but you can't get a caddy for 22,000 dollars. The upgraded wheels make it a real head Turner. The red paint job is the reddist red I have ever seen on a car. I know I will enjoy this car for years to come. This is a retro done right.

For Work and Play
By Paul on 09/13/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the HHR as a second car. It has been used as a delivery vehicle as well as for family fun and errands. The car excels on all accounts. Very comfortable and economical with a load of standard features. Also a terrific bargain with all the incentives at the time of purchase.

All around winner
By Neil on 09/12/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got the LS (w/auto) under cash for clunkers. Outstanding car, especially at the price paid. Ride, handling, features all excellent. Lot's of fun to drive, and nearly as versatile as a minivan. Seems to be very well built. Base model plus auto and roof rack has everything I need. I drive in heavy stop and go traffic daily, but have improved my gas mileage by more than a third. My only complaint- the basic stereo! Has all the features you might want, but sounds like a 1960's pocket transistor radio. Spring for the upgrade if you can.

My Little HHR
By Paul on 09/07/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this little car. Good MPG close to 30 just knocking around. So far no problems. The seats are too high, you can not adjust the electric seat low enough. I have LT2 loaded but no sunroof. I needed the extra head room. Will see if it holds up. I want this car to work out for us

Covert Onstar Snoop
By Ray on 08/15/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Chevy has done a very good job in the design of this vehicle, but once again the powers that be has has sullied this otherwise fine car. I am mainly referring to Onstar. They claim that the microphone bug in car will not be turned unless the air bag is deployed, and being able to track the car's location within 90 feet (only if a stolen police report is filed, they claim) leaves much to be desired. Is it possible that someone could payoff an Onstar Employee to track or turn on the onboard mike without drivers knowledge. I believe so. Per Chevy dealer I have disconnected the mike and 4 of the 5 plug ins to Onstar box. One needed to start car, but can the vehicle still be tracked?

coffin
By linda sheppard on 08/07/09 04:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

As soon as the HHR came out I wanted one. The old saying be careful of what you wish for you might get it sure applies to this. Loved the looks of the HHR. But it feels like you are in a coffin. I have only had Mine three weeks, am still driving my ford focus(2001) Will try to sell the HHr and buy something else. I'm an older lady who should have taken more time. will buy another focus as soon as I can sell this. Please take time to really get the feel of this vehicle before buying.

My Little Red Wagon
By Jody Porretta on 08/04/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new 2009 HHR LS thanks to the cash for clunker program and so far I just love this I don't know whether to call it a car, truck,wagon. Mine is red with a 5 speed stick and it is so much fun to drive. I can throw all the kids and dogs in and away we go. I am so happy to own this.........

HHR Just got it
By JoeSki on 07/25/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have my New HHR for about a month, and I really like to drive it. I LOVE the look of it- cool, different. I find the car fun to drive. It is NOT a luxury vehicle, and I did not expect it to be, especially at the bargain prices it is going for. I just wanted a fun second family car that the two of us could use, or fir more in the back if needed. So far, I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet HHR in VA is:

$116 per month*