Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Love my SS
By Randy

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a new leftover '09. I have owned several Corvettes, an NSX and a Viper and this is absolutely the most fun and best vehicle of them all! The power is so smooth you don't realize how fast it is until you look at the speedometer. I love my SS.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, comfort, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Everyone complains about the cup holders and they are awkward, but I don't know where else they would put them. Besides, I didn't buy it for the cup holders!

The Hippo
By Army Strong

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Yes, it is excellent on gas, and I drove 3,000 miles in 4 days and it went the distance, but I think it was definitely pushing it. It's not an SUV, I think my passenger hubcap is about to fall off. The stock tires are bad even new. They're dangerous to drive on windy days. The bulky frame of the car with such small Windows leaves enormous blind spots especially on left turns. There was no carpet in the back storage area for mine, so with even the slowest turns, everything sled around. The brakes are absolutely horrible! There's a huge delay and they squeak like crazy. And the intake is a little noisy.

Favorite Features

Price, Gas Mileage

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, armrests, and the design so basically, everything else

Good littel fun car
By LT1

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Just had my 1 year anniversary and I still love this car. It is just fun to drive and great to look at. I just really love looking at it and driving it. Can't beat the price for what you get.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

A little more power

Nice Vehicle for the money
By Tdyson

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 09 HHR is not bad for the money $17000.00 tax and tags out the door. Auto trans, XM radio, On Star with turn by turn direction. Drive good 500+miles to a tank of gas. My 08 Max pivk up stays park in the drive due the fun driving money saving, on gas, HHR I won't take it places were I will take my truck off road or drive it in snow its has 7000miles and no problems. If i have drove this before I got the truck, the truck would still be sitting at the dealership. the HHR is a nice car/truck for the money.

Favorite Features

XM and onstar. I like the look and the savings in gas.

Suggested Improvements

better seat covers and cup holders

What a great vehicle!
By Mark

2009 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle brand new and saved $8000. I love the space for carrying stuff with the fold flat seats. It allows me to carry my daughter's drum kit. Very smooth ride. Swapped in Michelin X-Ice 2 tires. What a difference it made on icy roads...I'm passing everyone (legally). Very good on gas. Was starting to get a sore back sliding down into cars to get in...not anymore! This is the easiest vehicle to get into. No more sore back! Fantastic Pioneer sound system with the factory installed sub woofer in the rear. A lot of people have stopped to comment on the great looks and to ask me what I think of the vehicle. Seriously thinking about getting a second one. Great warranty too!

Favorite Features

So much space, comfortable multi adjustable seats. Fold flat seats. Great audio sound system. This is the most useful, fun, practical all around vehicle I have ever owned...and I have owned many (VW Eurovan, Audi, Prelude, Chrysler, Ford, Mitsubishi, Chevy Beauville, Malibu, Cavalier..

Suggested Improvements

It's short a cup holder. Front windshield is a little low because I sit so high (6'2")...I'm looking out right near the top. HVAC controls are somewhat lightweight. Engine a little buzzy when throttling hard to get up to speed on the highway. V6 option. Standard heated seats.