2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Good littel fun car
By LT1 on 06/04/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Just had my 1 year anniversary and I still love this car. It is just fun to drive and great to look at. I just really love looking at it and driving it. Can't beat the price for what you get.

Nice Vehicle for the money
By Tdyson on 02/10/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 09 HHR is not bad for the money $17000.00 tax and tags out the door. Auto trans, XM radio, On Star with turn by turn direction. Drive good 500+miles to a tank of gas. My 08 Max pivk up stays park in the drive due the fun driving money saving, on gas, HHR I won't take it places were I will take my truck off road or drive it in snow its has 7000miles and no problems. If i have drove this before I got the truck, the truck would still be sitting at the dealership. the HHR is a nice car/truck for the money.

What a great vehicle!
By Mark on 01/26/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle brand new and saved $8000. I love the space for carrying stuff with the fold flat seats. It allows me to carry my daughter's drum kit. Very smooth ride. Swapped in Michelin X-Ice 2 tires. What a difference it made on icy roads...I'm passing everyone (legally). Very good on gas. Was starting to get a sore back sliding down into cars to get in...not anymore! This is the easiest vehicle to get into. No more sore back! Fantastic Pioneer sound system with the factory installed sub woofer in the rear. A lot of people have stopped to comment on the great looks and to ask me what I think of the vehicle. Seriously thinking about getting a second one. Great warranty too!

Awesome car!!!!!
By Lori on 01/24/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in April of '09 and was just recently in an accident last week. The safety of this car is AWESOME!!! My 15 yr old daughter was with me and was saved from severe injury by the passenger side airbags and the strength of the frame. I was hit on the passenger side. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to ti find out if I can get into another one!!

I Love my HHR!
By jaj on 01/17/10 16:58 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2009 HHR to replace my 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. I love it! It's comfortable, peppy,fuel-efficient, fun to drive, and handles well.

Fun, Fun, Fun!
By Shortiemetoo on 01/15/10 16:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is just plain fun! Love how it looks, great feature with the DIC, mileage is better than advertised and it looks good. I got it in black, having never owned a Chevy or a black car and do NOT regret the purchase. I am only 5'1" and my daughter is 4'11" and we can see well, gives the feel of being up high!

Happy in Ohio
By preacher on 01/11/10 16:47 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Wow! What a nice set of wheels. I purchased this 2009 HHR in Dec. and have 1000 miles on it. I have the H.O 2.4 which has a lot of guts. With the LT2 package, it is loaded. The only thing that is missing is a telescoping steering wheel. I absolutely love it. It's like riding on a rail. Love the electronic power steering. Upscale feeling all the way. Bright red and chrome wheels makes this 65 yr. old feel a bit younger. Lot's of room for the grandkids and their stuff. GM has a winner in the HHR and so do I.

Squeaking Brakes
By Donna Miller on 01/07/10 16:10 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since we've bought our HHR, the brakes squeak when applied to slow down, very annoying, the car had 29000 miles on it when purchased. I've read other complaints of the brake system and it needs to be dealt with. From bad rotors to brake pads, says GM uses less than adequate parts. What is the deal?

I dearly love my HHR
By LovemyHHR on 01/03/10 15:41 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband purchased an HHR last year and when it came time for me to get a new vehicle, he immediately recommended I get one as well. I was unsure, though, and didn't decide on an HHR until I saw my baby on the car lot. Leather in interior, sunroom, all of the options. I Love My HHR It drives like a dream and is great as a family car. Just enough room but with much more coolness factor than a mini van mom-mobile! Also, easy to park and maneuver - A big plus for me!

Pleasantly Surprised
By rileys34 on 01/03/10 06:16 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The move to this vehicle from a mid- sized SUV has been a pleasant surprise. It drives better and costs less, except for the Caliber, than anything else we tested. It also does not look like every other crossovers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon in VA is:

$116 per month*