Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Love my HHR
By lardeawit

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first new chevrolet I have purchased I got hooked on the HHR when I rented one while my Toyota was in the shop. When I got my toyota back from the shop I went down to the Chevrolet dealer and traded it in on my HHR. Up until now I have always owned a Toyota. I get 25 mpg city and 31 highway.

Favorite Features

Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders

What a Blast!
By Tim

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car, used from a dealer about 2 hrs from my home. It was the closest HHR with all the things I wanted in it. It has been Great since day 1. I drive from NC to NY every 2 weeks for work and it is a pleasure to drive.I get about 28-29 mpg while cruising at about 75 mph.My dog rides in the back and is very comfortable or so he says.It gets a lot of looks but more often than not, people don't know what kind of car it is.I think that's changing because I see a lot more of them on the road these days.I know mine will be on I-95 for a long time to come.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, comfort, fuel economy and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

They should make the door locks flush with the door so you could rest your arm w/o it sticking into you. I wish the rear hatch glass opened independently from the hatch. That would be really cool.

BRAKES
By crybabby

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got it and the brakes squeak. It seems like it may be a problem. I am not the only one with it. And it's funny it happened after i bought it, not on the test drive. Didn't like the car when saw it, but after driving it and getting used to all the blind spots I fell in love. If you are going to get on the hwy. Turn ac off, You will get more power pick up. Oh yeah, cup holders, what were they thinking.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, safety, I feel safe in this car when i have kids in it. That is a plus. And my warranty. But that doesn't include brakes. Bummer

Suggested Improvements

Fix brake problem. It would be nice if you had a recall on them. I will save my receipt. just in case.

Fun to drive, it's a gas
By Linda

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We couldn't be happier with our HHR. Great fun to drive and it looks wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone. It's the perfect "dog" car. One of our friends told us that and he was right. We have 2 rescued greyhounds and it is perfect for them. They have plenty of room with the back seats down. We did not have to give up the fuel economy for the extra room we needed. It is a perfect fit for us!

Favorite Features

Looks great, drives great!

Suggested Improvements

Would not change a thing.

Don't Buy From Hare Chevrolet Indiana
By rustychevy

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2008 HHR that has rust at the bottom of the doors. The dealership Hare Chevrolet refuses to do anything about it and accused me of wrongdoing on my part. Like the car but, don't like the dealership. Again the dealership is Hare Chevrolet Noblesville, Indiana

Favorite Features

Style, Fuel Economy

Suggested Improvements

Fix the doors so they don't rust. Look it up on the HHR Forums.