2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Key Stuck Problems
By kingshahid on 07/31/12 12:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in April 2012. My battery died and so I called GM. GM boosted the car with their roadside assistance resulting in a stiff steering wheel that couldn't be turned. My keys got stuck in the ignition as well. Both problems where resolved but my auto starter (oem) was blown in the process that was not fixed by local Chevrolet Bob Myers. So I had let the issue go with them since I thought they had done enough for me. 2 weeks later (mind you I barely drove the car in this period) the keys are stuck again in the car. Car is at 88,000 km.

BRAKES
By crybabby on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got it and the brakes squeak. It seems like it may be a problem. I am not the only one with it. And it's funny it happened after i bought it, not on the test drive. Didn't like the car when saw it, but after driving it and getting used to all the blind spots I fell in love. If you are going to get on the hwy. Turn ac off, You will get more power pick up. Oh yeah, cup holders, what were they thinking.

Love it!
By Marilyn on 08/30/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new HHR! I've had it a month, put 1000 highway miles on it and I couldn't ask for better performance. It's zippy, economical, comfortable and roomy! Thanks, Chevy for a great little car!

Nice Vehicle for the money
By Tdyson on 02/10/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 09 HHR is not bad for the money $17000.00 tax and tags out the door. Auto trans, XM radio, On Star with turn by turn direction. Drive good 500+miles to a tank of gas. My 08 Max pivk up stays park in the drive due the fun driving money saving, on gas, HHR I won't take it places were I will take my truck off road or drive it in snow its has 7000miles and no problems. If i have drove this before I got the truck, the truck would still be sitting at the dealership. the HHR is a nice car/truck for the money.

Awesome car!!!!!
By Lori on 01/24/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in April of '09 and was just recently in an accident last week. The safety of this car is AWESOME!!! My 15 yr old daughter was with me and was saved from severe injury by the passenger side airbags and the strength of the frame. I was hit on the passenger side. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to ti find out if I can get into another one!!

Squeaking Brakes
By Donna Miller on 01/07/10 16:10 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Since we've bought our HHR, the brakes squeak when applied to slow down, very annoying, the car had 29000 miles on it when purchased. I've read other complaints of the brake system and it needs to be dealt with. From bad rotors to brake pads, says GM uses less than adequate parts. What is the deal?

I dearly love my HHR
By LovemyHHR on 01/03/10 15:41 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband purchased an HHR last year and when it came time for me to get a new vehicle, he immediately recommended I get one as well. I was unsure, though, and didn't decide on an HHR until I saw my baby on the car lot. Leather in interior, sunroom, all of the options. I Love My HHR It drives like a dream and is great as a family car. Just enough room but with much more coolness factor than a mini van mom-mobile! Also, easy to park and maneuver - A big plus for me!

Practical suburban vehicle
By almontgp on 01/02/10 15:18 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best choices made for my transportation needs. Actually, I purchased this with my wife's impending need to upgrade her Prism (8 yrs old). We make daily trips of 40 miles, often hauling miscellaneous things such as feed bags, plantings and assorted small gardening equipment. The route is on both paved and unpaved roads. This car (?) is a perfect fit of utility and grace. The litmus test: my wife now drives this 100%! ;) That outcome means we will purchase another - literally - because as expected, the Prism has seen the end of trails.

One Cool Car
By Richard in Murrieta on 10/02/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car VERY inexpensively under the C4C program only 2 criteria: get the least expensive car I could find in one weekend, and get a car with adequate head room (I'm 6'3"). I am pleasantly surprised with this stylish car I bought the aqua-blue one). It reminds me of those big-eyed Chevron cars in the ads--very cute. My wife calls it a "Minnie Mouse" car. It's a bit slow, but does well for a 2.2L 4-banger with good EPA mileage.

For Work and Play
By Paul on 09/13/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the HHR as a second car. It has been used as a delivery vehicle as well as for family fun and errands. The car excels on all accounts. Very comfortable and economical with a load of standard features. Also a terrific bargain with all the incentives at the time of purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet HHR Wagon in VA is:

$116 per month*