2009 Chevrolet HHR SS - Consumer Reviews

SS 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )
Love my SS
By Randy on 06/13/10 23:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought a new leftover '09. I have owned several Corvettes, an NSX and a Viper and this is absolutely the most fun and best vehicle of them all! The power is so smooth you don't realize how fast it is until you look at the speedometer. I love my SS.

Great value, performance and utility
By JB on 12/09/09 09:13 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My HHR SS has exceeded expectations. The car has excellent power and handling, with plenty of usable cargo space and very good mileage. It also has good visibility and a comfortable ride. A unique and well done vehicle by GM.

HHR SS->is a "BLAST"
By bcom76 on 11/03/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I ended up with this car completely by accident.I was not looking for a new car but happened to be given an HHR as a rental car.My first thoughts were- what else is available.However,it did not take me long to really appreciate this car/suv.I like it so much that when I returned home I researched the HHR and bought an SS.I traded a an suv that I really liked-a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and I have not been disappointed.This HHR SS is comfortable,stylish,economical and,when needed,very fast. An excellent purchase and I have no regrets.A fun car overall!!

Road trip to California
By John in AZ on 06/15/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We purchased our 2009 HHR SS in March in anticipation of a vacation trip to California's wine country in June. We just got back to Arizona. What a blast in the HHR! The car easily achieved 400 miles or more per tankful of gas. Cruising out to LA and coming back on I- 10, the car averaged 29.5 MPG doing 80 MPH. Driving up the coast through Big Sur, the car handled great on the curves and up the hills. When we needed to pass slower cars on the single lane roads it was great to downshift into 4th, punch the accelerator, feel the turbo kick in, and pass the slower car like it was standing still. After spending 8 days and 2100 miles in the car, we are ready to go again!

Great Bang for Your Buck
By wade on 03/17/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a lot of fun to drive. I admit it is not a Corvette but it is quite fast and nimble. The way it sticks to the road and corners is awesome. It's a real sleeper-people do not expect much based on how it looks. I have a 35 mile drive to work on a fairly empty mountain road and most people would be afraid to ride with me the way I drive it [hey, that's why we buy the SS] and yet I still get about 25 MPG! Like I said, it's not a Vette. Now for the bad -- the road noise can be unbearable on certain road surfaces. It is so loud I may get ear plugs for 580 westbound. The interior is all hard plastic. The exterior fit is not so good -- my hood sits crooked. But for <$30K great!

A sweet ride
By blueturtle on 01/27/09 01:52 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Victory Red HHR SS turbo. Excellent performance. Very comfortable inside, high bolstered sport seats, electric adjustable seats, are excellent for me and I am 6'1". Plenty of head room,leg room. Inside has a comfy-cozy feel, but not cramped. Nice ride and the 18" wheels help that cause. Very smooth on the highway. Have to get use to this 260 horse. Doing 80 on highway without realizing. ou do not feel the speed in this car. Very quiet. Loaded. Got it all on this SS. Have 900 miles in 2 months, and so far having fun and love it. No reliability issues yet (holding my breath on the brake issue plaguing this car).

Fast little truck
By E. LINDROS MARTUCCI on 10/26/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet HHR SS SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really love this 2009 truck. I drive it daily to my home in Lake Wallenpaupack Pennsylvania and get about 27 miles per gallon highway. There is ample cargo room for a family of four and the stopping power is good due to the 4 wheel Brembo disc brakes. I have customized the exterior with chrome accents to give the truck a custom appearance. Test drive one and you will be hooked.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet HHR Ss in VA is:

$133 per month*