Used 2009 Chevrolet HHR LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Hhr - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Key Stuck Problems
By kingshahid

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in April 2012. My battery died and so I called GM. GM boosted the car with their roadside assistance resulting in a stiff steering wheel that couldn't be turned. My keys got stuck in the ignition as well. Both problems where resolved but my auto starter (oem) was blown in the process that was not fixed by local Chevrolet Bob Myers. So I had let the issue go with them since I thought they had done enough for me. 2 weeks later (mind you I barely drove the car in this period) the keys are stuck again in the car. Car is at 88,000 km.

Favorite Features

Exterior appeal, big chevrolet signature steering wheel, quick pick up speed, large trunk area, comfortable drive interior feel.

Suggested Improvements

Keys get stuck in ignition

BRAKES
By crybabby

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just got it and the brakes squeak. It seems like it may be a problem. I am not the only one with it. And it's funny it happened after i bought it, not on the test drive. Didn't like the car when saw it, but after driving it and getting used to all the blind spots I fell in love. If you are going to get on the hwy. Turn ac off, You will get more power pick up. Oh yeah, cup holders, what were they thinking.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, safety, I feel safe in this car when i have kids in it. That is a plus. And my warranty. But that doesn't include brakes. Bummer

Suggested Improvements

Fix brake problem. It would be nice if you had a recall on them. I will save my receipt. just in case.

Love it!
By Marilyn

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new HHR! I've had it a month, put 1000 highway miles on it and I couldn't ask for better performance. It's zippy, economical, comfortable and roomy! Thanks, Chevy for a great little car!

Nice Vehicle for the money
By Tdyson

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 09 HHR is not bad for the money $17000.00 tax and tags out the door. Auto trans, XM radio, On Star with turn by turn direction. Drive good 500+miles to a tank of gas. My 08 Max pivk up stays park in the drive due the fun driving money saving, on gas, HHR I won't take it places were I will take my truck off road or drive it in snow its has 7000miles and no problems. If i have drove this before I got the truck, the truck would still be sitting at the dealership. the HHR is a nice car/truck for the money.

Favorite Features

XM and onstar. I like the look and the savings in gas.

Suggested Improvements

better seat covers and cup holders

Awesome car!!!!!
By Lori

2009 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my HHR in April of '09 and was just recently in an accident last week. The safety of this car is AWESOME!!! My 15 yr old daughter was with me and was saved from severe injury by the passenger side airbags and the strength of the frame. I was hit on the passenger side. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to ti find out if I can get into another one!!

Favorite Features

The whole car!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

none at the moment.