2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: We Love Our HuhHer, the Jury's

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

We Love Our HuhHer, the Jury's Out.
By Rose4HHR on

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well...I love driving when I can steal it from my hubby, but I've noticed some brake squeal and he drives it mostly on the interstate. He's not a brake man. I took Huh-Her as we call it to the shop (not dealer, I don't trust them-sorry) for an oil change today and asked if it could need brake pads. Their response? "Uh-Oh!" Not let's sell you some stuff...they explained they've had a slew of people with some serious issues, mainly rotors and encouraged me to return to my dreaded dealership to resolve the issue. The dealership denied it at 1st, but when I stated I would research and report; they gave me a card for the 1st time and stated they would "take care of it".

Comfortable seats, base model looks like luxury model, fold down rear seats, 5 person seating plus cargo or larger cargo (minus the ?safety chunks?), retro appearance. Small SUV. Gas conscious. (Gets better mileage than my Malibu). All the gadgets, bells, and whistles. It's fun. Like tint/power windows.

Obviously the brake rotors, rear hatch decal, improve blind spot visibility somehow, better wiring and assembly, more cup holders but somehow able to conceal them, seat adjuster mid lengths, slightly more power availability and/or higher gas mileage option or alt. fuels, Made USA of US materials.