2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: SS HHR

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

By dotes on

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased a 08 HHR SS and have been enjoying it. Even with the high performance turbo charged engine, I get decent gas mileage. Of course using the various readouts and the cruise control helps too. Of course there are some minor things that I don't like. But at least the window controls are back where they should be on the SS. Having to go through two tire changes when a flat occurs on one of the front tires will be a real big pain. But I have roadside service. I rented a HHR for a week a few months before. So I could see if I liked driving it. I did and waited for the SS model to come out. I got the victory red and have got several comments on the HHR. So far I like the HHR I have.

The turbo charger for when I want power and the launch mode is great too. The overall body style and look of the SS is fantastic. The soverall placement of the instrument readouts isn't too bad. The storage room is just the right size for me. The safety equipment standard and optional I got

A outlet in the rear area would be nice. To be able to raise or lower the drivers seat. Of course the 2 tire changing requirement on the front tires when one goes flat. The center console isn't much to brag about.