2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: Small car with a big punch

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

LS Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Small car with a big punch
By Not your average man on

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 08 HHR over 2 months ago to take the gas pump burden off my wallet (HHR $55 evey 10 days vs $90 every 4-5 days with my Silverado). I now find myself driving this car all the time and my 07 Silverado may get driving only once or twice on the weekends. I drive 35+ miles to & from work during the week and when I can lock the cruise at 60 the car will get 35-37 MPG. I am a 6'5" tall lbig guy and I have no problems with leg & head room (no sunroof - have the issue seeing the stoplights when first in line. I get a lot of people askng about the car & the fuel MPG's, the GM Performamce Air Intake makes a huge difference. My neighbor loves my HHR and wants to trade in her PT Cruiser.

Great gas mileage, comfortable seating for a base model, huge interior room for passengers & cargo. I tried several other makes & models, even the Colbalt and this has a lot more room for tall people. The HHR retro exterior looks better, carries more & is way more comfortable than the PT Cruiser.

Center console would work better than the arm rests for a tall guy, they are way too low and block the cup holder. Lighted window switches, the LED on the ceiling does work that well when you have the manual transmission, the stick is always in the way. More accessories like a OEM woody panel kit.