2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: Nice Little 'UV Wagon

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

Nice Little 'UV Wagon
By Boston Guy on

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good after two weeks of new-car ownership. I traded an 04 Chevy Astro Van with AWD for my HHR 2LT with the 2.4L 172HP Ecotec engine. Gas mileage is not as high as I was expecting, so I am trying to modify my driving habits a bit and see if that makes a difference. Right now I average about 24mpg between in-town and highway miles. The larger engine gives adequate pick-up at on-ramps onto the highways, and I have found myself going 85mph without trying! Quiet and very smooth ride for a small car.

High quality interior parts (mostly), smooth ride, solid feel, exterior and interior styling, fit & finish, leather seats, driver's info center, 270 watt stereo, versatile interior.

New cupholder location, relocate window buttons to doors, improve quality of plastics used on dash and door panels, improve lighting for front of cabin (the under-mirror lights should swivel), a control for 'night-light', move gas filler door back to drivers' side!