2008 Chevrolet HHR 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love my HHR SS

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love my HHR SS
By Tim on

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have almost 3000 miles on the SS. Gas mileage is better than expected so far. I commute 50 miles round trip, mostly the Katy Freeway in Houston. The last four tanks averaged 26.5 mpg (actual calculated miles divided by gallons purchased, not the car's computer mpg display.) My previous vehicle was a 2000 Tahoe, a great truck with no problems. The handling and acceleration of the SS is great. I don't have the brake issues other posters have noted. I plan to put a lot of miles on the car.

Favorite Features

Top storage bin on dash, great gas mileage, overall performance, styling. (I learned to drive on a 1948 Chevy pickup so the appearance is in my "heritage.")

Suggested Improvements

A little more headroom. (I have sunroof and I am 6'2". I have about an inch of headroom, as much as I had with my '98 Blazer with sunroof.) Also a telescoping steering wheel for better hand and arm positioning. A better selection of interior colors; black (or ebony combinations are not my favorite.)