2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: I love it, the wife hates it.

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

LT Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I love it, the wife hates it.
By RkyMtnBob on

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really do love this car. I traded down from a 4 door Silverado. Really like the exterior lines and style. I drive 35 city miles to work and get 27mpg summer and 25mpg winter. Plenty of room front and back. Fold down the rear seats and the floor in 3'x5', which is reasonable to get stuff home. The center mounted window controls take getting used to. Small windows as well, just means you have to actually look instead of glance. The 2.4 engine has plenty of go. The Traction Control can get twitchy in snow and ice. I have had the front rotor warping issue, it was fixed fast but I may have to deal with it again. The wife does not like the looks or small windows, but she loves the heated seats.

Style, MPG, cargo room with and without rear seats folded, rear hidden storage area, engine response, 7 speaker radio.

Front brake rotor warpage issues, up front cabin storage, window buttons need to be back lit.