HHR LT
By papple on
2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I've had the HHR for 2 months now and like it so far. I was in the market for a car with good MPGs and had the versatility of an SUV. While it is not near the size of the Tahoe, it has similar functionality with the back seats and front passenger seat folded down. Ideal for trips to Home Depot and such. Averaging 26 to 28 MPGs with the auto trans, but will say I'm not a lead foot. I drive 28 miles to work with a fairly even mix of city and hwy driving. The driver's seat is surprisingly comfortable with the power lumbar. I haven't had a 4 cyl in 15 years, but it hasn't been a painful adjustment. Overall, I am very satisfied with the HHR. It meets my needs for good MPGs and versatility.
Favorite Features
Again, MPGs and versatility. I don't have to hesitate and wonder how I will get something from Home Depot back to the house (for example, an 8 foot long - 2 x 4 will fit with ease). Scrolling through the dash display that tracks tripometer, MPGs, tire pressure, etc. Retro styling.
Suggested Improvements
Lack of front storage space. There is a dash storage compartment but is not very deep. Odd placement for with power window switches. But prior to purchase I was aware of these 2 issues, so I can't complain. I wish I had the upgraded to a vehicle with radio controls on the steering wheel.