2008 Chevrolet HHR 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great car, auto light control

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, auto light control issue
By Eric on

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but sheer enjoyment from this car since I purchased it. The engine is very well powered for a 4-cylinder, road noise is much quieter than a lot of other models, and MPGs are good considering the amount of storage space and the fact you can easily fit 4 large adults in the car. I read there used to be an issue with stone chipping on previous models, however 2008 comes with a thick protective film on the surfaces at risk from stones and that film seems to work great. Even the film doesn't show signs of impact. Only issue has been my auto light sensor failing. Sometimes it won't allow parking and interior lights to come on with headlights. Manual override doesn't work.

Favorite Features

MPGs, storage space, adaptability, stereo (Pioneer version), OnStar, seating space, looks

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder area is a little tight, but will hold my travel coffee mug fine. Biggest issue is problems with the auto light sensor. Mine failed and sometimes will not allow my parking lights and interior lights to come on at night. Turning lights on manually is supposed to override, but mine won't.