2008 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Review: Good enough to get two!

2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Review

LS Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good enough to get two!
By Chuck on

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

First impression of the looks was that Chevy was just copying Chrysler, but after taking a test drive, I was hooked. I've had it now for 7 months and taken two long distant trips with it (avg 31 MPG AT aprox 75mph). It has a very quiet ride inside. I installed a hitch on mine for a utility trailer (which works great). The wife and I liked it so much I traded the wife's car for a second HHR in June 08! Now we both have one! I don't think anyone can go wrong buying one of these. Even with the entry level model, they pack a lot value and usability into this vehicle for the price range it is in. So go buy one, heck, buy two! You'll love it!

Quiet ride, sound system, head room. Storage room with seats folded down. MPG highway. All the standard gizmos on base LS model, floor mats included. Styling inside and out. Overall value for the dollar is great, and fun to drive too!

Window controls take time to get used to and should be mounted on the doors. Cup holders aren't bad, but with armrests down, difficult to use.