2008 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Tons of Utility with Great Fuel Economy
By NeoMoses on 07/02/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle that was mainly a commuter car, but also had to have good utility for hauling my bikes on the weekends. Also, it had to be comfortable & roomy enough to take 2 adults and 2 large dogs on a cross-country roadtrip when needed. The HHR fit the bill perfectly. Tons of cargo room, especially with the seats folded flat. I love this car, & my wife does too.

Nostalgic HHR
By Rick T on 06/28/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My Shadow Edition black-granite HHR reminds me so much of my dad's early 1950's Chevy truck. The HHR is a real nostalgia machine! Chevrolet has captured the 1950's feel with modern day convenience included. I love this vehicle more and more, and every time I get into it the great old memories come flooding back.

2008 Chevy HHR LS
By Scott on 06/28/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. I took a 500 mile trip through the mountains and averaged 32 MPG on the interstate. I get about 25 MPG locally. It has a lot more interior room than appears from the outside and will actually seat four adults comfortably, although if you are going to carry four people on a regular basis the 2.4 engine or turbo would be a better choice. If I had to make the choice over again I would buy the same car.

SS all the way!
By James on 06/27/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're looking for a powerful, economical, and roomy vehicle, the Chevrolet HHR SS is for you! This vehicle has it all! 260 hp, Onstar, airbags everywhere, tinted windows, 18" alloy wheels, lots of cargo room, and head-turning good looks. It's faster than most SUV's and CUV's out there, has more cargo room than most, and gets between 23 and 26 mpg combined. OnStar, XM satellite radio, and hands-free calling are all standard. For a few extra bucks, you can add the OnStar navigation package. The only two gripes I have about the vehicle are no grab handles and the engine is a little on the noisy side. Overall, a total winner!

Love it !
By randalljay on 06/26/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR Panel LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought an 08 Scion xB,but didn't care for only one arm rest, single back up light, poor color selection, cheap fabric and no floor mats. We were lucky enough to find an Orange HHR that had a quarter panel (not a full panel). Since we needed at least five seats, the full panel wagon was out of the question. something about the missing side rear windows that make this car very appealing. The quarter panel is a great place for self-expression. The placement of the window controls is a little weird and takes a while to get use to. For some reason I keep hitting my shins on the door when I get out. On the plus side, the OnStar is great, it's American, has lots of room, and it comes with mats.

A Joy To Own
By Victoria Smith on 06/20/08 07:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After the purchase of my vehicle I begin to love it more than when I purchased it. The vehicle has looks, power, handles great and it is fun to drive. If Chevy continues to build this vehicle and make in a way that it is fun to drive we will add a second one to our household. And now the with the economy as it is and my vehicle is averaging about 31mpg on the highway and it did not cost a small fortune to own it, I am back home with American cars again. Go Chevy!

We Love Our HuhHer, the Jury's Out.
By Rose4HHR on 06/19/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well...I love driving when I can steal it from my hubby, but I've noticed some brake squeal and he drives it mostly on the interstate. He's not a brake man. I took Huh-Her as we call it to the shop (not dealer, I don't trust them-sorry) for an oil change today and asked if it could need brake pads. Their response? "Uh-Oh!" Not let's sell you some stuff...they explained they've had a slew of people with some serious issues, mainly rotors and encouraged me to return to my dreaded dealership to resolve the issue. The dealership denied it at 1st, but when I stated I would research and report; they gave me a card for the 1st time and stated they would "take care of it".

Worth the 24,000 out the door
By chris on 06/11/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun car. Love the old school exterior. Great on gas. I'm an avid surfer and my 9,8" longboard fits in the car. Makes a forty year old family man feel like hes back in the neighborhood! For what I paid for it thers not a better car on the market.

First Impressions
By Chad on 06/03/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I researched many new cars before deciding on the HHR. My wife and I test drove five cars (Dodge Avenger, Dodge Charger, Subaru Legacy, and a Chevy Malibu) and looked at four or five others. Although we almost bought the Malibu we both agreed the HHR would be more practical for us (we have three kids and the Malibu had a small trunk). I've only been driving it for a week, but so far I couldn't be happier. We bought the 2LT with every option. The standard equipment looked a bit unfinished. The leather interior really made the difference for me. It's strange but this is the first time I have liked a car more after I bought it than before. I don't know what else to say. It just fits.

Best Buy for the Money
By Kevin on 06/01/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet HHR SS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We been driving this car for about a month and each day we love it more and more. Gets great gas milage, handles great, and when you need to move the turbo kicks in. Plenty of room inside for a small car. I'm 6 ft tall, 210lbs and there is plenty of knee and head room. We have two younger kids and they love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.